Give and get support around quitting

hollu

July Quitters

Decided not to wait on July...I quit!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
372 Replies
lynne4

Today was my quit date, but I actually quit yesterday. I am on the Chantrix and it is certainly helping. When smoking on the drug it didn't even taste good. I am confident that this is it...
0 Kudos
chrystal

My quit date is today.....for the second time around. My original quit date was May 4th, but I was "one of those" who said "Ah...I can have just one" ....Yeah right. So now we are back to square one. Well now I know I can't have just one....
0 Kudos
ellen11

Today is my quit date. I am doing ok so far, definitely a lot of urges. But I have not given in. This website has been extremely helpful to give me suggestions of what to do when I have an urge. I hope that I can find the support that I need here! Goodluck to everyone!
0 Kudos
terry11

Today is my quit date also. It's 10 pm and I go to be in 1 hour so I am proud to have made it thru this day. I did this about 15 years ago and didn't smoke for 4 years so I hope I can do it again. This website didn't exist then so I hope this helps.
0 Kudos
nancy30

Hi all and may the force be with us all... I quit for 8 years and married a man that smoked. Here's to a new man that is on his way into my life that doesn't smoke! Whooo hoooo. I quit on Friday, so far, so good. I notice my triggers but get thru them.
0 Kudos
tracy12

I just found this web site today. I'm on Chantix and have been planning today as my quit date. Ok, so I've had 4 cigs today...not good but a whole lot better. I'm thinking tomorrow will be even better. Guess I was not totally prepared.
0 Kudos
tamara2

Tomorrow is my quit date. I am using the gum. I hope I am ready.
0 Kudos
corin-kelly

I am happy to report I am almost done with my 4th day of being smoke free. I'm def staying busy and and breathing easier. My son told me today he was proud of me and that I can do this. If that's not motivation enough....
0 Kudos
kristen14

Congrats Corin! Good Luck Tamara, we are here if you need to vent!
  Keep up the good work everyone!
0 Kudos
kristen14

Tracy, try heading over to the Chantix group, lots of people over there myself included to give you advise on how to make it easier! your taking the meds, thats the first step! Good luck today!
0 Kudos