Give and get support around quitting

hollu

July Quitters

Decided not to wait on July...I quit!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
372 Replies
tweetilyn

I keep reading about the nicotine replacement aides, but due to a childhood illness I cannot use ANY of them. Does anyone have some suggestions that will help me with the cravings? I'm doing this solo & the closer my date gets the more panicy I get. Thanks for any ideas.
0 Kudos
angel-d

I have set my quit date for July 3rd, at midnight on the 2nd I will put to rest my three triggers, I know that with the help of this program and other step programs I will fight to make it happen. I wish all of us Good Luck.
0 Kudos
freezngrrl

Tweetilyn - another good idea is breathing. I know it sounds silly, but my doctor reminded me that we're actually taking in deep breaths when we smoke, and taking deep breaths (breathing in fresh air and breathing out stress/cravings) is often what our bodies really want. I've found it really helpful! Especially breathing through a straw, or something to keep my mouth and fingers busy. Good luck!
0 Kudos
kristen14

hey all, since I quit at the end of June I figured i would join both groups, I quit June 22nd using Chantix and I am loving it!
  If anyone has questions feel free I like to help!
0 Kudos
edith2

I've got 15 more days to go and I'll have 5 years on the 17th! I think my chances are good.........hahahahahahahahaha!
0 Kudos

day two..at work. small law office. boss and secretary smoke. dying!
0 Kudos
lynne4

The Chantrix helps with the cravings and really with the whole thought of smoking all together. I will let you know how it goes, quit date is Monday, however since I have been on Chantrix I have cut down by half of what I used to smoke, so this stuff works.
0 Kudos
kristen14

Lynne, when I woke up on my quit day I felt like I had never even been a smoker on Chantix, it does work you dont even have to think about it!
0 Kudos
jennifer

I haven't had a smoke in over 24 hours! So far I am feeling great! Trying the patches again this is the 3rd time with them though. Maybe 3rd time is a charm!!
0 Kudos
tamara

Hi, Im new to the site. I would like to say hello to everyone. I have decided that today will be my quit date.
0 Kudos