Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

July 2019: Welcome new members!

The July Quitters have arrived!

There are always new members joining the community. A portion of those new members haven't set or haven't synced their quit date to the community so we can help celebrate your milestones.  

I'll be welcoming our new members and encourage you to get your quit date set and synced to the community so we can help you celebrate when you hit those milestones.

Set and Sync Quit Date

To get started you'll need to do the following:

1. Set your quit date on your Set Your Quit Date | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX  (or make sure it's set if you aren't sure.)
  2. Log out of the community by clicking this link.
  3. Then log back into the community.

When you log back in it will sync it over so it appears on your community profile. If your quit date is synced and you've indicated how many cigarettes you used to consume before you quit(update it in your community profile, otherwise we assume 20/day), your Quit Stats* will calculate how many days you've been quit and how many cigarettes you've avoided.

Be sure to check out our Getting Started Guide to learn about how to do other things on the site.

Mark
EX Community Manager

*To see your quit stats:  Hover over your username and then click the EX icon in lower left of the pop-up hovercard OR go to your profile and then click the tab for My Quit Stats.

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (2)
33 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey!

johne59  Corymatters  anewdigger  emudd09   kaufmann66  annecaldwell  Eagle51  carlton50  lemonpeels   Stefymarie  Melissamoses26  oldbear    kimmyd66  Dollarhide43  uptown730  Mrsculver  jwhitmer17  miroa12  tboykinsmba 

For those mentioned below, if you're unsure about what day to pick, check out this for suggestions.

Stayfocused  Rebelrose  savannah01

Glad you're here to help your loved one! Let us know how we can help! swomar 

EX Community Admin Team
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome new members of EX, please check out  my post above to set a quit date if you haven't already(thank you if you have!) and then get it sync'd to the community! You'll want it sync'd so we can celebrate your milestones and you can look at your quit stats in your profile. If you haven't filled out your community profile or uploaded a picture get that set up too. We'd love to hear from you and see where you are in your quit journey!

ingredientguru1Juliana8Kisaacs79ramendow1PDTOE1964dreamz83archpriest.duboischouser7kelly.youngTennieKRedraycraft

Glad you're here to help your loved one! Let us know how we can help! Babaloo‌ and ingredientguru1

For those mentioned below, if you're unsure about what day to pick, check out this for suggestions.

Kimstopnow

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

bearnan57 CatsPajamas miracle_63 NoMoreNic33 lauriemae512 daisy_brandi01 sarahkstrange annoyed101 Rsanns Cindy1973 zacharyilardi josephr33d Beccacooper11 Tony1967 Suzu081117 walifm free1 amazinggmb1 mr28818 Kndoucet quitsmoking01 keepsmilin428 billgrover61 flylo fire6003 SpeedySpaceSlug ladesh5806 barbarossa Sls laureenn_182 GrahamDowning cjmonr 

josephr33d‌ and free1

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Ralph1955

Welcome to the best support group ever. Look forward to hearing from you and cheering you on as you begin this incredible journey. 

I celebrate with you and hope you reach out if you need to.

Hugs

BarbieGene

Thank you.  

I will need all the help I can get.  Been smoking for 40 years. 

I am taking Chanix.  The mornings and evenings are the worst.

PrimeNumberJD

You got this! A new favorite site of mine (besides the ex community) is whyquit.com. information is power and quitting can be enlightening. When I crave, I start to take in information, understand my addiction, and, because I become entranced in the reading, the urges are past by the time I'm done. A strategy, 1 strategy, but your strategy may differ. It only gets easier with each urge you resist! I'm Jon, I'm an addict, I'm 12 days into recovery and my key to a successful recovery is not one puff ever (nope), getting through one urge at a time, and one day at a time. What are your keys? 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kanikaking staceykey1968 bdenson10324 Crystalwallace Lucille322 jessicalynne551 jphorras janbrock17 RevTerrie glendalizjustiniano0617 Jgoroz1 steph-aluffagus jadell2009 iacopelp nancy1978 blacknmild rosie663 5Mullins baizelovers livelife4ever 

For those mentioned below, if you're unsure about what day to pick, check out this for suggestions. Lucille322‌ and jadell2009

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
baizelovers

I have set a quit date as Friday but in the meantime I am cutting back as much as I can so maybe I will be quite before hand. Can't hurt. I just started Chantix this morning. This time I need it to be the last. Thank you for all the detailed information. It really helps.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

joshua46  Reetaj38  Mike0414  dheyerman  sgodf881  biajbow  reen2u  EricaM77  william2916  Soniedayz  totofan  staystrong1122  Gtatonka  Vaperlove 

joshua46‌ and sgodf881

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

bmacleod  Netty03  Nbroussard999  Holli9193  McInbutler  nicolestevens123  kfraley  lizzieturnip  Sheteve  Syj20190710  ttorres73  Raaachel  kad657  taylormadein81  kimberlyeruth  gennie91  paula1576  debre1960  Pineapplegal10  rebekah031765  heartsafe  Lillybear  susieq1980  brandyflory  darlenejeanh  kittie86  Nanaof3boys  deniseberry  americanmutt  EmilyTaylor

gennie91heartsafeNanaof3boys

EX Community Admin Team