cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pbc

Joined today!

Hi!  I am new to this site, but looking forward to lots of support as I try to quit smoking.  I look forward to hearing from all of you and your experiences in this effort.  I don't know about the rest of you, but my addiction to cigarettes is embarrassing; I never smoke when I am out, in fact, most of my friends don't know that I do.  My boyfriend and my daughters hate it.  I have been smoking a pack a day for three years.  I started while in the process of a divorce.  Until then, I was in great shape, worked out every day, ate only healthy, organic foods, and was full of energy.  Since I started smoking, I have stopped exercising, am short of breath, have high blood pressure and I have gained over 30 pounds.  I sit at home alone outside on my balcony and smoke.  I am currently not working, which makes it even worse.  Too much time on my hands.  I have purchased the patches and the gum and started on them today.  And last week, I started to work out again.  I am determined to quit.  HELP!  Thank you all!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
done5

You sound like my twin. Would love to beat this with a friend. Feel free to contact me anytime!!!
0 Kudos