Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
bill94

Hi

I'm Bill. My quit date is 1/17/11. Im starting to separate triggers...moderate success. Wctually Booze & Coffee have been pretty easy! Driving & bordom...Not so much! I have great support from friends & family. It seems to me that I'm the only knucklehead STILL SMOKING!!!! Would love to be here & work thru this w/ all of you!

0 Kudos

WELL TONIGHT IS MY LAST CIGERETTE, I WILLWAKE UP TOMARROW MORNING,JAUNUARY 1ST 2011 SMOKEFREE,HOPE TO MAKE SOME NEW SUPORT BUDDYS, "GOOD LUCK TO US ALL, WE CAN DO THIS!!!

0 Kudos
ter

Hi I'm Terry and my quit date is tomorrow.Or,later today.I don't want to buy any more tobacco.I've been rolling my own due to cost.Since I started when a pack cost a quarter in the machines you can see financial cost has never been enough to make me quit.I have been mostly smokefree the past 3 years with the exception of a few 1 day/night of smoking brought on by drinking and thinking oh well,its only a day...I started back full time about 3 months ago.My excuse was migraines due to neck injury.I had the surgery and the headaches are gone now as are the narcotics that made me say "the only thing i'm sure of is I won't smoke in my coffin".The past year I've been dealing with situational depression and I find it easy to lose hope.But then I remember when I quit it gave me great hope and opened new doors.I felt better,ate healthier and thought healthier in general.I'm ready for this but nervous.I know that coming here and sharing with you all that are going through this is helpful and where I need to be.

Happy New Year and new life to us all ! 🙂

0 Kudos
jesus4

My quit date is Jan 1st. Was reading that Niacin helps... anyone know this to be true?

0 Kudos
jaimly

So i believe i'm ready, i have smoked for almost fifteen years, I NEED to do this, i WANT to do this. But i know it's going to be hard. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. For Christmas my family got me all these hand held games and puzzels to keep my hands busy. I have spoke to my friends and my husband(who is a smoker) he is not ready, but i can't wait anymore for him to be ready.....I CAN DO THIS, i can do this, everyone including him have been very supporetive, but with tomorrow approuching, i'm feeling axious.

0 Kudos
buzzkat

I'm not sure how many people on here have a higher power...but I found this helps...

Repeat over and over...

"God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I can not change,

COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN,

and the WISDOM to know the difference!!  AMEN"

0 Kudos
pj58

I love hearing all the positive affirmations, I will wish us all the power to make them work.  I have been working on mantras to say to myself when I feel like I want or need a cig.  I have figured out that in the past I did not have a good enough reply to my addiction when it said "I want a cig."  so my decision to quit was never iron clad.   So last night I thought what unrefutable reply do I have to my addiction and it was "well yes you do want a cig, but I want to be able to BREATH, and I can't do B
OTH, and I enjoy breathing MORE, so no cig for you."  And then I realized every day I make choices between things and stick with my decision.  For example  I think often "I don't want to work"  but I think "I want a roof over my head and food on the table."  I can't have both so I decide the roof and food is more important TO ME and so I decide to keep the job.  Or I might think, "I want to buy something I saw in an ad"  but I also think "I want to be able to heat my house" so I make the decision that being warm is more important than buying something else. Like many quitters have said," the decision to not smoke is ours, we just have to make that decision, and stick with it, and not mope about"  I hope I can keep these thoughts in my head if I hit a rough patch. I hope I start to choose BREATHING over smoking.   Hang in everyone.  PJ

0 Kudos
ladytee2

hello i am new and my quit date is January 1, 2011

0 Kudos