Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
gonnaquit

Day 10 Hour 19!

Really... almost 11 days now!!!  So I have to keep it up!  I'm on a roll and haven't cheated yet although I would REALLY like to!!!  When do you stop counting days, weeks, months, or ... YEARS!!!  So happy not to be smoking but I miss it - how stupid does that sound!!!

Hang in there all you NON-Smokers!!!  We can do this!

0 Kudos
yogib

HEY LADY!!! Here we go... it's been 10 hours and I know I'm going to be just GREAT 🙂  Hope your day goes well... keep me updated!

0 Kudos
rattler

Thanks PJ58....I walked around the office a bit, ate an apple, managed not to attack anyone in my nicotine craving angst.  Appreciate the words of encouragement.  You are spot on with the "reward" comments.  I used to plan my work around cig breaks.  As soon as I complete a block of work I would go out for a smoke.   Trying to find new rewards for breaking up my work day.

Thanks again 😉

0 Kudos
pj58

Chad and Rattler:  Thanks for the encouragement.  I think looking at the "consequences" is important, cause I think when we start feeling better, we start to forget how it felt to feel so lousy, and so I think, "What is one cig?" but I have to truely know that 1 cig is not 1 cig, but  potentially hundreds.  So on we hang (who am I, Yoda?)    PJ

0 Kudos
jessica12

Hi all! I am on my 6th day of not smoking, and I'm feeling pretty great. We all have the power to take control of our lives and reclaim our bodies for ourselves! I'm not letting cigarettes control me anymore 🙂

0 Kudos
jhalley

My last cigarette was 8 hours ago. I have been at work all day so it has been a little easier...I am scared that I will want to stop on my way home and get a pack. I like this group. Sounds like very positive people. I need that.

0 Kudos
lois2

i have not smoked for  22 hrs. not long but i am proud,  one day at a time we have snow and it is cold out, oh i get tired of going out and smoking , when it is cold, we can do this.

0 Kudos
jaimly

So 1.11.11 and day 11th day is done....hard though on 2 different occasions i thought about really giving up on this whole quiting thing....reasoning with myself on how i going to die sometime anyway who cares if it's sooner than later.....and then a friend said to me she would.....I think maybe thats what the big change for me this time...i never told people that i was trying to quit before, thinking that they be disappointed with me if i failed.... stopped useing the patch, started to make me itch....IDK, i realy want to quit.....I REALLY WANT TO QUIT

0 Kudos
vicki34

Day 4.  This is pretty tough.  I can go hours and not think about a cigarette, but when the urge hits, it's so hard to not give in.  Bought grapes today to substitute for the candy I've been eating at work.  Reading of others experiences helps alot.  When I'm feeling really vulnerable, I log on and read others comments and remember I'm not alone in this struggle.  I know I can do this......taking it one hour at at time.

0 Kudos
quitter2

7th day down...the rest of my life to go.

0 Kudos