Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
lei

Day 2..How is everyone doing??  Soooo glad I made it past day 1..I feel if I can make it through day 1..I can make it !  Past experience with quitting addictions reminds me that our battle is won ONE DAY AT A TIME ! 

Be STRONG..Live Long .

BE KIND TO YOURSELF TODAY

I am wishing Peaceful day for us all..

Lei                                     

0 Kudos
rattler

Welcome to day 12 of no cigs.  Trying to redefine my thinking about myself as a non-smoker.  I smoked for over half of my life.  I've got to remember that this is a process that will take a while to complete.  Every picture of myself I see includes a cigarette.  Trying to visualize myself without that Virginia Slims prop is difficult but not impossible. Found out yesterday that eating a cold fresh orange takes away my desire to smoke.  I don't know if it is the process of peeling and chopping, the acid or the flavor rush but it worked for me.  Good luck to everyone today and thanks for all your contributioins.  Helps me to make it through the day knowing I am not suffering alone.

0 Kudos
gricketts

PJ58 thanks for starting this group.  My quit date is 1/31/2011.  No significance attached.  I have been thinking about quitting since early December last year.  Since I tried quitting the first day of the new year several times I figured I should change my strategy so I chose 1/31.  Now I am getting myself mentally ready and aware of the reasons to stop and the things that make me smoke.  So when the day comes I am more prepared to say I am never going to take another puff ever. 

0 Kudos
jhalley

Day 2!!!

I did not stop on my way home last night. I did not need to! I even had my step-sons over for dinner last night (little stressful) and never even had the urge.

My husband is also quitting and he bought some of the gum. He bought 4mg cause he said 2mg didn't take enough of the edge off. I tried it and almost chocked...way to strong. I think I will stop today and get some of the 2mg gum.

I also talked to my friend about quitting. I did not try and pressure her, only encourage her. We can do it together.

0 Kudos

Hello! I just quit 1/10/11 and I am feeling so good about myself right now!!  I am handling my cravings well, and they seem to be getting easier to get through than when I first quit.  this is my first time to a website like this and I am impressed and finding it very helpful in my process to stay stopped!  I appreciate all help and I offer all support as well! 

Lets do this as a team.....

0 Kudos
bushbaby

Hi there - I have just joined this group and this site. I tried to stop smoking yesterday and managed for 13 hours and then had to smoke again althought I have cut down! I have set a new quit date for 17th Jan 2011. I want to educate myself more on quitting before I try again. Am taking my car to get cleaned tomorrow and am going to start by not smoking in it. It's great to read your success stories and know that there is hope out there for a smoke free life!! 🙂

0 Kudos
kat82

Hello all! It has been 9 hours since my last cigarette. I am using the patch and it seems to be working well for me so far.  I had a big lunch and was able to go through the urge to smoke after a meal. I keep thinking that there is something I am supposed to be doing, something I am missing. Then I think to myself, " Oh, Yeah, I should be smoking". So I laugh and the feeling goes away. Wondering if I should be brave and have a beer after dinner or if that would be pushing my luck. Looking forward to my first 24 hours of being smoke free.

Good luck to all of you!

0 Kudos
k33

HI BushBaby.. this is my 4th (and FINAL) time quitting. This time I took some of the advice on this site before my quit date.  I found it REALLY helpful to start putting off my light-ups by 10 mins when I felt the urge.  That way, you can start to experience the feeling of the craving losing strength if you just wait it out...

0 Kudos
lois2

hi every one i am on day 2 and i feel tired, but that will pass,  one day at a time,

0 Kudos
yogib

Hello all! Just found this group... I am an 1-11-11 quitter, 2 days in and today has been SO much harder than yesterday!

Hope you all are getting along well, the support makes all the difference to me!

0 Kudos