Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
annamarie3

Day 2, no cigarettes for me yet, but I really really want one. I hope everyone is doing well.

0 Kudos

I'm doing good too! It is still hard...even with Chantix. It sure does lessen the cravings, but doesn't remove them. The first few days are the hardest. We can get through them!

0 Kudos
emt088

I also quit on the 24th on Jan.

Day three is very very slowly drawing to a close. Its been close a few times today.. But i did it. Another day smoke free so far. Im proud of myself, and as the days pass, im even more reluctant to smoke again just because it will destroy X number of days of hard work. If it were my job, and three days of work i did was destroyed, id be PISSED.. this is no different.

0 Kudos

That's such an awesome way to think about it! It is hard work and it would be wasted time if we caved!

0 Kudos
lois2

hang in there yall can do this. good luck

0 Kudos
emt088

Day 4.. still holding strong! I cleaned all day today... but the most amazing thing happened this morning.. I FELT GREAT when i woke up!! Full of hope and energy. IS this what 21 is supposed to feel like? If so, SCREW this smoking stuff.. this is great!

This afternoon got rough.. but i did it.. i didnt go buy any cigarettes.. It actually never occured to me to buy them.. I just wished I had them on hand to smoke really bad. Only once or twice were the cravings "bad" though.. all the rest were fleeting triggers, like when I went to shoot targets, how can i shoot a gun without a cigarette?!... EASILY.. just do it..

I hope youre all doing well.. staying strong and all that.. No matter what happens, stay motivated! In the end, were the only ones who can save ourselves.. we can do this!

0 Kudos

I really just don't think about it. It is totally amazing! I have had a few cravings, but nothing horrible. I feel soooo much better!

0 Kudos
emt088

sick today, on day 6, so notmuch enthuiasm for life haha... but even though i feel crappy, my lungs still feel great! In one more day, itll be a WEEK with no smoking!! A whole friggin WEEK!! Im really proud of myself! The days arent dragging by so slowly anymore.. just feels like a regular day... not "another day weprived of nicotine" WOOO Also.. got our tax return back today.. we have no kids tomorrow so its just hubby and me, and itll be my 7 DAY mark!!!!!!  Im so excited!

0 Kudos

Each day gets easier too! I have had a few bad cravings, but they are getting easier to deal with. Congrats to everyone.

0 Kudos
emt088

Its day 8 for us!! congratulations to us all, we made it over a week without smoking (i hope) I know ive been tempted a few times, but have worked through them without fail. Hope youre all having a wonderful and smoke free Day 8!

0 Kudos