Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies

Has it been that long already? I am not counting or paying attention. I try not to think about it at all honestly. It is getting easier and easier. I think the worst is over now!

0 Kudos
lei

hello pj..I am joining your group...My quit day is 1-10-11.  I quit with the help of the people on this site last year..The not one puff mentality you speak about ..is the success key!  I will pray for us all to quit and STAY quit..I am happy to be #2 in your group..Lei

0 Kudos
luliper

Hi!

Quit date 1/1/11 Trying to get my mental powers geared up toward the quit. Sounds like we all need to adopt the NOPE attitude! Excited and nervous at the same time. Looking forward to being smoke free. Not looking forward to losing my best friend. Visit and study www.quitsmokingonline.com for some really good strategy and positivity. Enjoy the day! Stay strong and be good to yourself!

Linda 

0 Kudos
pj58

Thank you guys for joining in. I suspect this will be a big group, New Years Resolutions and all, but I think the more the better, more brains to pick for help and inspiration.  I think you are right Lei that the Not One Puff is the key, but I found in my unguits this year that I lost motivation, but maybe, I did not really LOSE the motivation so much as my motivation was chipped at by the addiction.  Maybe I just have to realize that keeping the motivation up in the face of attack by my addiction  is a daily thing I will have to do.  Thanks again for joining me guys.     PJ

0 Kudos
lei

Look PJ ..Your group has doubled in 24 hours.. hehe..I agree that this will be a BIG group before long ! You have started something that will be of great benefit to us all very soon.  I went to the quitsmokingonline site yesterday and also think reading and studying the info there will prepare us for a successful quit.  Make it a GREAT Day..Blessings to all..Lei

0 Kudos
suz14

Happy to join the group.  My quit date is 1/3/11.  I agree with the NEVER take another puff again strategy along with you guys help keep me accountable and encouraged.  I am SO looking forward to living a "smoke free" life.  Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years!  Will be praying with Lei for all of us!!!

0 Kudos
nriether

Hi all!  My goal is 1/1/11!  This is my 3rd time quitting and my First time having a support group, so I'm hopeful this will help us all.  I have failed in all my attempts because as soon as I feel stressed I run to buy a pack.  I'm really hoping to find other stress relieving activities to help me through those moments.  Looking forward to healing my body, lungs and mind in 2011!! 

0 Kudos
luliper

Eight days left to smoke...are you getting jazzed about it??? I am!!! Do your homework and read a lot about how to quit from the experts who have already done it. Wishing you all lots of success! 

0 Kudos
pj58

Just touching base to say thanks to everyone who is joining our group.  Spending this gear up time breaking the Cig bond as much as I can.  Down from 20 a day to 10, and have done that for 3 days.  Going to get down to 7 or LESS by 12/26 and hold that until my quit day of 1/2/11.  However, I have done this before- I get down to just a few a day, I could hold it for a couple of weeks, but it always crept up to the 20 a day.  I guess I had to do that a few times to prove to myself that I can not be an "occasional smoker".  That 3 leads to 10 leads to 15 leads to 20.  So I find the cutting down part easy, it is going to the zero that I have not done well.  One site I have also found that is helpful is the WhyQuit sight.  They do not mince words or picture about what cigs are doing to people.  I did not know about this site in my last quits, but now that I do,  my plan is to use it often.    Hang in everyone    PJ

0 Kudos
pj58

Oh by the way, what the heck does &nbsp: mean?   PJ

0 Kudos