cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ripleygold

It's Time

I've known for a long time that I needed to quit. I smoked from ages 12-18 (when I was pregnant and quit), but started again at the age of 37. I'm now almost 45. My mother died at 55 and my brother at 59 from smoking-related causes. Two days ago, I learned that a friend had died of thyroid cancer... as it turns out, she left me an inheritance that will change my life. I will never have a chance to thank her, but she always wanted me to quit smoking. That is the additional bit of motivation I needed, so the pack I have now is the last one. I figure Saturday night or Sunday morning, I will be an "ex."

Lori

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Lori,      Good luck to you. It is time for me to quit as well...I am very afraid that I will be intolerable,but I am determined to do it.     Betty

0 Kudos
ripleygold

Thanks, Betty! Have you quit yet, or when are you planning to? I have 8 cigarettes left in the pack, which means this evening it is over. I believe I'm more of a habitual/ritual smoker, as the cravings aren't that bad. Half the time I'm smoking, I'm thinking, "I don't even want this!" So... I think I can do it, and I know you can, too! 🙂

Lori

0 Kudos