cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

deb21

It's Spring in Ohio....a New Trigger has Arrived...

64 days smoke free...and am doing great...I've been dealing with everything very well....but...so I let the dog out on the porch tonight...had to water my petunia's and decided to have a beer...and sit on the porch....WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!!...I don't drink much if at all.....but always liked to have a drink on the porch occasionally...plus have a few smokes....well a few months ago I didn't have to worry about the porch ....who cared..it was snowing and I wasn't gonna sit outside!! Tonight..it was different...I remembered having smokes and drinking...NO NO I did not smoke tonight..the beer tasted great...but I could tell this was a new thing I had not dealt with yet...my daughter was outside with me along with my boyfriend...and I told them about my feelings....my boyfriend has never smoked so he had no idea what feelings I was having...NO I did not go balistic or anything...it was just and odd feeling...but I made it thru and here I am!!! Anyway ...hope you all are still not smoking...have a great weekend....my next test will be in a couple weeks when my ex husband and my son (they live in Daytona) come for my daughters high school graduation on the 31st...if I make it thru that...I'll make it thru anything!!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
val_b

congrats to you, you handled that like a champ, I know how hard that was, I really do, Im in week three, Im glad you took time to post this because it educated me. about how trigger will mess with your mind and that you must stay smoke free for your own well being
0 Kudos
dian

Deb, I'm in Ohio too!! I know what you mean......... this coming weekend in the 70s...... but we will go bike riding. For me, it was just being outside period because that's where I smoke, snow, rain or WIND!!! LOL in the pole barn of course but I had to walk through that to get there. If you make it, you give me hope to make it, after all 64 day and you ARE A NON-SMOKER so do what non-smokers do....... DON'T SMOKE.
0 Kudos
manofsteele

"IF I MAKE IT " ...get the correct Attitude of somone with a 2month + Quit .....

You have stopped smoking you are Smoke FREE .... Never go back to being a Prisoner....

Show your EX ...you are an EX SMoker ....NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES !

hmmmmm think thats why u call him the EX.... You have a NEW life to Live !

Ray
I have been quit for 4 Years, 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 23 hours, 35 minutes and 31 seconds (1,505 days). I have saved $12,047.86 by not smoking 60,239 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 3 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/4/2004 12:00 AM
0 Kudos
manofsteele

"IF I MAKE IT " ...get the correct Attitude of somone with a 2month + Quit .....

You have stopped smoking you are Smoke FREE .... Never go back to being a Prisoner....

Show your EX ...you are an EX SMoker ....NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES !

hmmmmm think thats why u call him the EX.... You have a NEW life to Live !

Ray
I have been quit for 4 Years, 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 23 hours, 35 minutes and 31 seconds (1,505 days). I have saved $12,047.86 by not smoking 60,239 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 3 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/4/2004 12:00 AM
0 Kudos