cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

It has begun

It has begun. I am a nonsmoker. Carr says "yippeeee, I'm a nonsmoker." I will say that over and over today. I will remember there is no reason to smoke, none. I will remember the reasons not to smoke versus the reasons I thought I had for smoking. I will take this cold turkey and run with it. I will also continue to read Carr's book for the third time. I think it's the most important tool I have at the moment, not discounting my own decision. I will remain positive. I know there may come a moment, an hour, a day, a week, or whatever when I will want to smoke, and I will come here and scream instead. 

I have no fear. I have little doubt and am working to erase that from my head. Why wait till October 1 when today is as good a day as any? 

I'm a frickin quitter. Take that, tobacco industry!2017_09_23.PNG

51 Replies
Daniela2016

Big congratulations DonnaMarie‌, what a great decision, and a great attitude.  Start small, count your hours, and rejoice for every single one as an EX, then you will be counting days, and every hour of every day will help you becoming a stronger and stronger EX. A Big Welcome along with...

Image result for big hugs

Mandolinrain

SHE was one of my all time female vocalist. Loved her deep sultry voice. Mines deep too, but I think from years of smoking

bonniebee

Love this song ! RIP Karen Carpenter she was so talented but so sick very sad 

Strudel

You have exactly the right attitude for this journey! Congrats on your quit! Stay close - you've got this! 

YoungAtHeart

btw - some folks call Cold Turkey "Smart Turkey!"

How's it going?

Ready to say "Day Won" yet?

Nancy

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, we are here for you if you need us.

Hugs,

Ellen

Mandolinrain

Turkey Turkey Bo berky

Banana fanna fo ferkey

Fee fi fo ferky

COLD TURKEY

HAHAHAHA

Now sing the when you have a low moment and you will smile. Protect that beautiful quit...it looks good on you

bonniebee

Love your positive attitude ! It will bring you success !!!

You may have trying days but the right mind set will carry you through ! Some days you may even  feel the reasons you quit are not even important .....be prepared and know it is just the nicodemon  ( your addicted brain ) playing mind games with you and He ex quit.jpg is a liar ! Don't even bother arguing with "him" just say," NOPE ! I don't do that anymore ! " and move on ! Keep that positive attitude !

/blogs/SkyGirl-blog/2016/11/23/a-smart-turkey?sr=search&searchId=9623e040-9659-46f0-b137-cd389812133...

You are making the Best Decision of your Life!

Stick with the decision and follow through with your actions!

Thoughts and Feelings will go nuts - that's to be expected! What counts is no matter how compelling the thoughts - you act like an EXer! Keep them away from your face!