cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

It has begun

It has begun. I am a nonsmoker. Carr says "yippeeee, I'm a nonsmoker." I will say that over and over today. I will remember there is no reason to smoke, none. I will remember the reasons not to smoke versus the reasons I thought I had for smoking. I will take this cold turkey and run with it. I will also continue to read Carr's book for the third time. I think it's the most important tool I have at the moment, not discounting my own decision. I will remain positive. I know there may come a moment, an hour, a day, a week, or whatever when I will want to smoke, and I will come here and scream instead. 

I have no fear. I have little doubt and am working to erase that from my head. Why wait till October 1 when today is as good a day as any? 

I'm a frickin quitter. Take that, tobacco industry!2017_09_23.PNG

51 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations on making the decision - no doubt the best thing that you will ever do for yourself.  Stay close and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it - lots of good people here willing and able to help.  Best wishes!

YoungAtHeart

GO!

Keep your tools handy!

Say, out loud if possible, "I don't DO that anymore."

One step at a time.

You GOT this!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations

MarilynH

Yay for your Day ONE, because tonight you will look yourself in the mirror and smile for DAY WON! And each day will another and another as you stack up your precious smoke free days, you've got this.

Jennifer-Quit

Be sure to correct your quit date by clicking on "my quit plan" in upper right corner!

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I did that, but it didn't refresh immediately. I'll check it again!

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

You may need to log out and back in for it to refresh.

0 Kudos
Brianairb2

Congratulations!  I'm still new with just 89 days of freedom, but I'll at least offer the advice to stay close to this site, read all you can about addiction to understand the chemistry of what's going on in your brain, and engage with others both new and elder.  This site has been the lifeblood of my cold turkey quit.  It sounds like you're starting with the right attitude.  You CAN do this!!!

DonnaMarie

Thanks. I'm trying to make EX home, but Jive has me baffled. Interestingly, I work in the online community world and I'm sure I'll figure it out, but it's a touch more complicated than I'm used to. I won't let it frustrate me,  though. It's like this weird challenge - I WILL figure this out.

Cold turkey, IMHO, is the only way to go. 

coldturkey.jpg