cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ranjitthewolf

Is it time i throw away my circuit breaker?

Jump to solution

The cigarette inside the box is the last cigarette that i was supposed to smoke 6 months and 27 days back. I call this the circuit breaker as i used to smoke when i get stressed out. During the past 6 months i never smoked again but i never bothered throwing away the last cigarette. I like to keep it around as a souvenir.

IMG_6725.JPG

0 Kudos
11 Replies
elvan

ranjitthewolf  I had to get rid of everything that reminded me of smoking, for ME, it was the only way.  I did not trust myself, I tried keeping cigarettes around on past quits...I always smoked them.  I never kept just one...I always kept what was left in a pack.  This quit was different for me, I knew it had to be my forever quit...I was too sick to take any more chances.  We all do things our own ways...as long as we don't smoke.

Giulia

Like the others above me, I didn't have the strength to keep the temptation close at hand.  It would have eroded my brain!  lol  My husband, on the other hand, still has the last pack he was smoking AND an unopened pack from the carton he never finished.  But he's a different breed.  When he was done, he was DONE.  Discovering that his best friend had lung cancer in a phone conversation was all the magic he needed to quit.  He never put another cigarette in his mouth again.  That was 27 years ago. 

You know yourself better than any of us.  Trust your instincts on this.  They're usually right.  

0 Kudos