cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa2

Iowa Quitters

Just checking to see if there are any other Iowa quitters on here since there hadn't been a post on this group in a while.
  Everyone have a great smokefree Saturday!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
44 Replies
wise60

I is really important to have that support, isn't it? I don't know what I would of done if I came home to a smoker. Yes, my husband smoked and I had told him when I get back from the clinic, I would rather you not smoke in the house. Ya know that was hard to say that, because it is his house,too. He agreed. Then he did one thing farther, got Chantix and quite one day before I came home. I was sooooo proud of him. Now comes the hard part, trying to get the nicotine smell out. I have been working on it pretty hard. What a job.

I am so glad I can chat with you. You are getting good advise from other bloggers???? It seems like alot of them have a good head on there shoulder.

0 Kudos
jimer

seems like there is lots of good advice out there. Your husband must love you very much to quit like that.  How sweet.  My hubby still chews.... but what is one to do....

0 Kudos
wise60

There was a group of 10 that was at the nicotine clinic and one of them started a group for us on here. For most part we all were letting each other know how we were doing and a couple people slipped and everyone encouraged them to get back on the horse. I can understand the men kind of not. But would have liked to hear from the ladies. One lady went to Florida for the winter. She was a pretty cool person. Another lady is from Oklahoma. We just heard from her this week. She was pretty cool, too. Enough with that. How are you doing?? I had dreams of me smoking and that was the first time since I quite. I woke up at 1:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. So, I'll be dragging butt. Do you have dreams like that of still having bad cravings? I promise ya it will get better " about 90 days ". And for some not so long.

Have a good one!

0 Kudos
jimer

Yes I have dreams.... lots of dreams... when I never was able to dream before quitting.  I think that I slept so hard when I smoked because it sapped my energy.  Now I am not sleeping near as deeply and that makes it difficult to.  I have my days...Yesterday I was really tired and sort of crabby and today I am just lots of crabby.  I keep hoping it is maybe PMS and that this isn't going to continue cause I am not very nice to be around.... And I was so jolly last week.  I don't get it.  Ah well.  One day at a time. 

0 Kudos
wise60

If you have to, take one minute, one hour, any thing that will help you. If I may, what do you do? ( JOB). And how long has it been since quite? Are you using any thing at all? Like a puffer, Chantix, patches. Let your family know how you feel each day and they will be understanding more.

OK i'm not a computer wiz, but what is all that stuff you put behind each sentence. Is that computer talk?? Clue me in!!

HAAAAA  HAAAAAA

0 Kudos
jimer

Well, I started on February 1st cause my husband was yelling at me that I would die from smoking.  I just walked out that door and went and bought some patches and also some gum and losenges because they only had the 14mg patches.  So I used one patch and two or three of the losenges and the gum a day for the first week.  After the first week I went to the Dr. and asked for a chantex script.  She told me that when I was to be totally off the ciggarettes with chantex I think it was like the fourth or fifth day after starting the chantex I gave up anything with nicoteen and only use the chantex.  Now I use road sticks.  Also known as tootsie roll lolly pops and any gum, candy or whatever to make it thru the day.  The other day I started sucking/chewing/holding a cinnamon stick.  Sounds strange but whatever works right?  As far as what is at the end of each of my sentances.  I am not sure what you mean.  Nothing on my end.  How about you?  How are you doing?

0 Kudos
wise60

When you end a sentence there is a(  ) I just thought it was a short cut of computer talk. Any way my last day was Jan.22,2010 and I was doing good with the cravings, some reason this week has been a bear. Like I do good and then the nicotine receptors growl at me. What's up with that???? We have a consign person from Mayo and they call once a week, I'll have to ask. I thought for sure I was getting over it. I need to take more deep breathes. I love that word,"Road Sticks". I enjoy Jolly Rancher cinnammon and right now I am on a jelly bean kick. Oh, some times ya got to laugh at all the things we do so we don't have that next smoke.

Proud of you

Take care 

0 Kudos
wise60

One more thing. Did not mean to pry about your job. So sorry!!

0 Kudos
chicone

Hello fellow Iowans!!!  I've been quit for 2 weeks.  I'm hoping I am almost over the hump.... but damn, it's a big hump.  LOL 

Little background - Pack a day for about 20 years.  Quit date - 2/11/10.  Using Jolly Ranchers - usually Cinnamon - but any flavor will work.  And anything that I can put in my mouth... which explains the 5 pounds I've gained.  🙂

Anyway... curious what part of the state y'all are from.  I'm from the north west central ice and snow cover portion of the state... ha ha ha.  Actually it's just Carroll.

0 Kudos
wise60

Welcome! I hope we can help. I say that like I'm an expert. HAAAAA HAAAAA I ended Jan.22. And you are right it is a very big hump. I do good and then I get to confident and the next day it bites my in the butt. The cravings come on.Ya know what?? I know how to bite back. I am in Manly iowa. I lived in Maon City  Iowa all my life and 10 years ago weht to a smaller town.

Anyway, are you have extra help quiting? If I mention things about quite smoking, Its not I know so much, Its because I learned it at the NICOTINE DEPENDENCY CENTER IN MAY CLINIC, No, not trying to be a expert. Just some one trying to help another become a ex-smoker.

Nice talking to you. And welcome aboard.

One day at a time

0 Kudos