cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Patvette

I want to smoke

I want to smoke more now then I did when I first quit it’s been 3 1/2 months I am miserable and depressed. I just want to smoke but my lungs are so bad. I don’t feel like they have gotten any better either I just don’t cough all the tome

27 Replies
Maki

This is something that helped me , Action as opposed to reaction . Our reaction is to smoke our actions will keep us quit . What can you do for you to change things today ? Ie ? 

Ie : walk , walk walk . 

ie: talk with your doctor ( If you feel depression is overwhelming you ) 

ie: put on some new bed sheets , colourful cheery ones 

ie : change your living room space around , a change is as good as a vacation , maybe add some flowers or greenery , it's oxygen . 

Ie: you know what will help . These are just some suggestions , some , maybe one or none may help. I know it's hard . You really are doing great and I know you are trying until,it gets just too hard but that's the part and the time to get through . The other side is great . Don't quit before the miracle was a term an old friend used to say to me . I know it's hard to see that when it's feelin kinda cloudy all around ya , but wait every crave out , the miracle will happen .m Just take it minute by minute , go back to the basics . 

Msybe write a list for you that you can refer to when your are at your lowest . 

ie :call a friend 

ie : volunteer

ie : journal 

ie: ? 

Distract , delay , discuss , drink some warm tea or cool water , take deep breathes , don't smoke . 

Ask your self if you are hungry , angry , lonely , tired , all those things you can change . 

You can not smoke what your addict self wont buy , beg for , or borrow . 

The way out is through .

Starving the beast is the best way I know how . I know our addict self thinks one puff but one puff is not usually ever enough . 

You keep on keeping on . I believe in you . I believe you can do this .. all of us here believe you can . I'm proud of you for reaching out . 

All the best being sent your way today . This will pass . 

Patvette

Thank you all

elvan

You can do this, I agree with the suggestions above, please talk to your doctor about the depression.  We are here to help you and many of us have had to start over more than once, I don't recommend that.  Hang in there, it really will get better.

Ellen

Christine13

Please hang in there!  You have 3 1/2 months quit!!  Definately talk to your doctor about your depression.

My husband had bad depression when he quit too, then he started playing video games, and that really helped him with his quit and the depression.  Find out what works for you.  You are almost clear out the other side!

I suffer from depression with my quit too, I use water, and am walking daily now, and I'm also taking anti-depressants and everything helps.

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. You needed help. You asked. You got it. Rinse and repeat. Ex is here for you 365. Here you can learn how to change your thinking about smoking. Great job staying smober. Congratulations on your 3.5!!!

jonimarie

I want to smoke more now then I did when I first quit

No you do not want to smoke

Our brain needs to learn new thought patterns

Only you can switch that thought pattern

pastedImage_1.png

Patvette

Thank you

SuzyQ411

I just came across your post Patvette‌ and wonder how you are doing?

Your friends here at the Ex have given you some great advice.

I hope you have found the way to ease your passage through this difficult time.

I am recently back from a relapse after 4 months plus as a non-smoker and I can share that relapse is a terrible place to be. 

Here is my story. Hope it helps!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/SuzyQ411/blog/2019/12/29/relapse-sucks 

Stay in touch with your supporters on the Ex and keep moving forward~

0 Kudos