cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

debbie60

I quit yesterday June 16

I quit yesterday and haven't had a cigarette yet. The cravings are worse today because I am not staying busy. I have been snacking constantly. But so far I am doing it!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
krystlewing

Hey Debbie, hang in there, only 11 more days to go before you feel great and know you have won the battle. One thing I did that made a huge difference is when I wanted a ciggie, I averted my eyes to something that needed to be attended to, anything, big or small, it did not take long to train myself to do that. Distraction is quality here, lol. Once you train yourself to find something to distract yourself with, by the time that little task is done you have forgotten, usually, that you wanted a smoke. Just keep doing that until you forget about the ciggies. That made the biggest difference to me. I trust it will help you, welcome to the site and to a new life for yourself...hugs, Krystle Wing
0 Kudos
katinthehat

Hey Debbie!
Yesterday was my quit date too. So far so good here, yesterday was tough but today I've kept busier. Good luck!!
--Kat
0 Kudos
dan-nelson

I quit yesterday also...snacking? if Willie Wonker was real I would make camp in his factory. good luck to you... it's easier to go on a diet than find a lung.
0 Kudos
debbie60

Hey Kat
Let's keep in touch and compare notes since we quit at the same time.

Debbie
0 Kudos
debbie60

Hi Dan
So now I have to quit smoking AND go on a diet. GREAT. LOL
Let's keep in touch and compare notes since we quit at the same time.

Debbie
0 Kudos
katinthehat

I've been snacking some so I decided to work out at the gym (replace the nicotene high with the endorphin high) I'm having some sucess with Altoid Sour Apple candies to fight the craving.
0 Kudos
dan-nelson

the patch must be working for me because I haven't killed anyone in my head....YET. I find if I ride my bike hard enough to make my lungs hurt is a good reminder of what I'm doing to myself....I was a bike racer before I thought smoking again was a good idea.
0 Kudos
debbie60

How are you doing, Dan. End of day three. Starting to feel better and snack less. What about you?
Debbie
0 Kudos
dan-nelson

I had the honor of working from 6am-6:30pm on day 3 that's one way of not smoking but I don't advise it...I'm cooked on day 4 and it looks like another long one. oddly enough even with the long day I didn't kill anyone in my head....that's an improvment.
0 Kudos