cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sheeliep

I need to quit.

I've been a constant smoker since I was about 16, I'm 24 now.  I used to smoke a pack of menthol lights every three days.  Now I smoke nearly a pack of non menthol lights every day to two days.

My dad was diagnosed with a esophageal cancer a few years back and has been in remission.  You'd think that on it's own would be enough. 

I've recently been diagnosed with HPV, and my doctor has told me that if I quit smoking my body will fight the virus faster.

Also, I've been losing my voice daily.. which makes me extremely nervous.

So here goes nothing!  I need all the support I can get.  All 3 of my roommates, my best friend and my boyfriend smoke and have no intentions of quitting.

Thanks for listening!

Sheila

0 Kudos
9 Replies
winston2

Good luck , I am also in the process of quitting. I have tried twice before and it was the hardest thing I have done. I use them as a stress releiver. Dont even enjoy them any more

0 Kudos
coreystink

Good luck to both of you. I am in the early stages of quitting and I know it will not be an easy road for me. I have smoked since I was 16 and now I am 28. I also live with people who smoke and have no thoughts of quitting so I have a feeling I will be checking in here for support.

Amanda

0 Kudos
oka

Ahoy maties, looks like we're in the same boat.  I'ld like to quit as well.  I have not smoked today only because I have difficulties breathing, which would be an ideal time to stop smoking and rewrite the smoking script in my head.  I am smoke free...I can function w/o smoking....my car can start with just turning the key... jump in any time, I would appreciate the encouragement.  Oka

0 Kudos
azguy480

Good luck I also have decided NOW is the time! So far day 1 has been hard but I am smoke free...

0 Kudos
trish48

hi first time on i started smoking at 9 i am 61 i have had lung brain and bone cancer my husband still

smokes it really makes it hard to quit when you are allways thinking and worrying sorry about spelling and everyone is smoking around you  not sure if this is working not real good with computers but need some kind of support thanks for listening   trish

0 Kudos
azguy480

Hi Trish, Hope you can kick the habit I have been fighting the "smokey voices" in my head all day (day 3) but I just tell them to sit down and shut up. I am determined to quit this time and I think you should too! Especially considering your health issues. Best of luck!!

0 Kudos
leoegene

i started again after 30 years its been one year and its realy messing me up

ive had a real bad devorce with three yung children that have been kept mulishly from me

i would like to be there for them in the future but lonleyness and finacial problems

plus i cant seem to get any support 

im desprate to quit but after starting to feel better i find my self compeled to smoke

please pray for me  

0 Kudos
leoegene

i started again after 30 years its been one year and its realy messing me up

ive had a real bad devorce with three yung children that have been kept mulishly from me

i would like to be there for them in the future but lonleyness and finacial problems

plus i cant seem to get any support 

im desprate to quit but after starting to feel better i find my self compeled to smoke

please pray for me  

0 Kudos
jill38

build your page and welcome aboard. lots of support and educational stuff here, inckuding videos on AZTEC page.

0 Kudos