cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I need support!!!

I’ve tried quitting for years on my own, never asking for help! PLEASE HELP!!  Today is my day!!! I’m not even sure what I’m asking for! I know I’m super anxious, feeling like I need to be doing something. How does this excommunity work exactly??? 

21 Replies
Barbara145

As for the feeling that there is something you should be doing, it takes a while to resolve, but it does resolve.  Hang in there.

annams

EBE7FCC8-5CD1-4BB7-A4BE-E79EC5FEDB51.jpeg

rock on!!!

Roller831

I posted a welcome message in the other thread.  We are here to support you!  The suggested reading will provide you with lots of tools to help you with this quit!  Sometimes we have to take things one second at a time, but we know you can do it!

One step and then another will get to where you want to be.

Roller

Sandy-9-17-17

It is one of the best places to get to if you're in need of support!  Sounds like you're going to be rockin it big time!  

Welcome to EX!  Hope to see you around lots!  _

Sandy 275 DOF   

Days Of Freedom!  In case you're wondering!

Barb102

5B011475-DCDF-483C-8BF9-F5ABE9B21D90.gif 

Barb

0 Kudos
Rollingon

Thank you for posting. I feel the same way. When I quit I feel lost and alone. I do not feel like myself and I go get another cigarette. I just saw a post out here that I think I will try. Put a note on the inside of the pack and say I choose to not to. I know I am not alone now and together we can make it. Together we make the choice not to. I think it will take a bit for me to believe I an make it. but instead of thinking forever, I will think just this one time.

Not sure how this site all works yet but, I am sure I will see you here and we can do .

DLHaffner

Hi elizabethrocks‌ !!  Welcome and congratulations on taking a HUGE step.  Seriously, it was hard for me to join this site and you've already joined and reached out!  That's perfect! 

Look around and read up, we've all been through what you're experiencing.  It's totally survivable, in fact, it's a lot easier on the ex-smoker side!!  I hope to see you around here!

Danielle 

106 Days of Freedom! (DOFs)

stepgail

Morning Elizabeth! Yes, you can do this. I smoked all my adult life and stopped 8 yrs ago, Never looked back. For me it was "cold turkey". With my dr's blessing I used Patch and lozenge together, started with patch 14 (next step was too strong). Also found the clear patches more effective. If you have a Kroger close, I use Kroger brand lozenges (2mg Cherry)

I kept my hands busy playing online games and when the urge (wave) arrives wait it out!  doesn't take long. Can;t tell you how many times I headed down the hall at work to go outside and smoke. I would get the the door and think Hell NO and turn around

Worked for me and hope some of my personal advise helps your journey!

If you have a setback just pull yourself up and try again. I had (1) setback for a few months, when I tried again it was much easier..............You got this!!

Thanks stepgail... I have found myself in similar situations walking towards the door then saying... HELL NO!!! So far so good all things considered