cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dianne4

I need a quit smoking buddy

I am a 43 year old single mother in Florida and I have smoked for the most part for 28 years. I did manage to quit during most of my pregnancies, but always went back. Last year I quit for 6 months, but I ended up "JUST HAVING ONE"...you know the rest.
Is there anyone as sick and tired of smoking as I am? I want to quit and quit for life. I am overweight, tired and sick to death of not feeling well.
Anyone else ready to give it a go? I'd love to have one or ten people quit with me and take my support as well as give me support in return.
I want to live.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
gail7

May 11th sounds good to me. So how do you think we should start this? Maybe we could exchange email addresses or something so we can contact each other and do it this time.
0 Kudos
beth4

I'm new here and am up for being a quit partner.....May 11th sounds good to me too.
0 Kudos
dian

I've quit today, smoked 4 cigarettes and that's the last of them, I quit. My biggest problem will be the weight gain, I've quit before and gained weight but my kids really want me to stop. They keep telling everything I smoke, it takes 114 minutes from my life, I just turned 52 and my kids are 9 and 13. Where did they get 11minutes?? The DARE program?
0 Kudos