cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

christine2007

I made it to ONE year!!!

Dear friends,

I made it! This has been a very interesting year for me. In 1984 I quit smoking for 12 years and made the huge mistake of believing I could have recreational smokes here and there. Well, the "there" caught up with me and I began smoking again in 1996. The subsequent 11 years were filled with regret, bitter, bitter regret and worry. I tried everything...Laser treatments, nic inhalers, patches, nic gum, nic micro tabs, Welbutrin, hypnosis and probably a few things I can't even remember right now. I finally tried Chantix and miracle of miracles, it worked!

With Chantix I had a minimum of minor side effects and actually loved the wonderful colorful dreams I had... but more than anything I loved the fact that it took away my enjoyment of cigarettes. Even now, I get nauseated at the thought of smoking, still!

Now I have time to think about the rest of my healthy life in a whole new way. I also know that I CAN NEVER SMOKE AGAIN... not ever. That was a hard learned lesson after being stuck in another addiction for 11 more years.

The last year I smoked I had pneumonia three times. This year I have not had it once! I now no longer believe that I'll be destined for a future of COPD or worse. I've returned to healthy living, added homeopathics to my daily routine and feel so MUCH better than I have in years!!!

I'm here on BecomeAnEx to share and support. This is a great community of quitters and helpers. Thanks for YOUR support of the final weeks leading up to my ONE year anniversary. It means so much to me. I wish this for all of you who are either beginning your journey or are well within reaching the same milestone. YOU CAN DO IT TOO!
0 Kudos
18 Replies
christine2007

You're a great group of "quitters"! LOL
0 Kudos
christine2007

Thanks!
0 Kudos
polly2

I'm so sorry that I missed this Christine!! Many, many congratulation to you!! I'm so happy for you! Thank you for all of your support! You certainly are one heck of an inspiration!! WAHOOOOOOOO for YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Photobucket
0 Kudos
christine2007

Thanks!
0 Kudos
aug1exer

Hi Christine89,

Congratulations, I am so happy for you! I cannot wait until the day I can exclaim my quit of one year. (I have less than 10 months left). Thanks for your expressions of encouragement and best wishes for more good health!

Best,
Aug1Exer
0 Kudos
christine2007

I does feel great, doesn't it! YOU can do it too!
0 Kudos
sheila12

CONGRATULATIONS!!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
Keep it up- You are such an inspiring woman and you may never even realize how much you have helped me!!! I Thank GOD for all my ex smoking friends!!! This Saturday will be 42 days for me- Can't wait to say 365 days!!!
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
Your friend,
Sheila
0 Kudos
christine2007

Your words mean a lot to me.... thank you and ditto! You Go Girl, too~! LOL
0 Kudos
fire

YAY!!!! what an inspiration and congratulations for your successful and hard won year of not smoking. Thank you for being here to encourage us. 😉
0 Kudos