cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

missy8

I'm sorry, but I have to say this outloud...

OK seriously, one of my instructors for a class I took was talking about Haight and Ashbury...for all of us trippers who are high on life we know the Grateful Dead lived there, right?! OK, so this instructor was talking about how a lot of people would go there to buy drugs...yah...well I mentioned that people also knew about it cuz the band lived there, She had no clue what I was talking about and brushed it off like it was no big deal. The woman claimed to be somewhat of a hippie back in the day, so why wouldn't she know about the significance of the Dead and Haight and Ashbury? I mean, I know I am only 31 (well 32 in 11 days) but I have loved the Dead for a long time and am relatively knowledgeable on them, and am i wrong when I say that people used to go to that street to see the Dead, or at least where they lived (maybe not necessarily when they lived there and were just getting started)? I don't know, but I thought she was damn nutty for blowing it off like "yah whatever, Grateful Dead woohoo". Any thoughts guys?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
missy8

that is so wrong! if you're going to brag about being a hippie, then you give the stoned hippie nod and chuckle and say,"heh heh, yah man...the Dead for sure lived there..." Oh crap I just brought up pot. I should be kicked out of this group. I'm sorry...
0 Kudos
becky16

Hey Missy,
There were many people who didn't follow that type of music.....they went for the Doo Wopps instead. So, she probably had no idea what you were talking about. But, you are right a lot of people went there just to see where the Grateful Dead lived, on the hopes of seeing them. She probably didn't like their music and unfortunately, many people related drugs to the band itself.
0 Kudos