cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pops

I'm just saying....Hello???? Hello???? Is anbody out there???

Okay, here is a scenario.  It's now 2:45 am Thursday 03.16.2017, and I can't sleep.  Today I am well into my quit, and do not have any craving going on.  However, I'm not quite there, because I aint all here...lol (anyway, I think that is how that goes)  

Seriously though, I and several other members have mentioned on multiple occasions that we miss being able to see when other members of the EX community are online.  That gives us a great open invite to call out to another addict in recovery and just sit back and shoot the breeze, and just sort of talk away or at least talk about whatever comes to mind.....

Well, I am talking to my keyboard....and guess what....it is NOT conversing back!!!!

Now you might find that sort of cute, or funny because I still have somewhat of a sense of humor and posted a "cutsie" sort of emoji....but I am not so pleased....note the expression of my emoticon....

This is a shortfall of the site, and I have said before, that I plan to champion the effort to get Admin to return its' presence in some sort of form one way or another.

Now, I realize that the hour is nuts, and most all are asleep,,,(as I wish I was right now...).  However, when you do awaken...please read this discussion and take the time to respond to it.  Like it if you care to, I don't really care about that.  What I (and ADMIN as well) are looking for is an honest overview of the membership as a whole.  This discussion is meant to put our finger on the pulse if you will of our community spirit.

Have a great day, or sleep as it turns out.  I am going to attempt to go back to bed and get at least one full hour before I am required to return to work.  

By the way, I really do love you guys...and I have 296 days of freedom today....yeah baby!!!!!

57 Replies
Dhyatt1202

Pops 8, I agree with you. I'm a newbie struggling with the thought of quiting. Have my quit date, my plan of action, but I'm going to need someone out there when the REAL stuff hits the fan.

0 Kudos
RachelMB

Pops-

I agree with you.  We need to be able to reach out to others at any time and be "seen".  I'm assuming Mark is working on it?

Pops

Well, I hope he is...but if he runs up against tough obstacles, he might need a little extra strength of incentive to lumber through it....hence a calling to the masses.....

JustSharon

I'm awake here too, since 1:30 am pacific time. Sorry you couldn't sleep pops (and all you others up with the chickens). Whatever it is that is troubling you, I hope it gets resolved. Try to have a good day!

RachelMB

Ok.  Well I'm on board and I'm sure others will be too.  There's strength in numbers in this case.

0 Kudos

I totally agree! That was a very helpful feature on the old site! It would be great if we could get it going here!

susan_m

Somebody's going to be sleepy this afternoon. I'm not naming names, here, but it's you, Pops!!!!

sleeping-puppy-56461.gif

TerrieQuit

I was up at 3:30 and here working on the Freedom Train! I would have loved to conversate, but I can't see who else is on here! You are not alone, Pops!   ~Terrie~

c2q

Dear Cowboy Popscycle Barista, to think that I was over on the next screen playing Bejeweled while you were available to gab ....

and Jennifer was, and Bree was, and Thomas, and Sharon .... 

IsAnybodyThere.JPG

Yes, I wish there was a radio button by our avatar that showed if we were on line

(if we select in preferences for it to show)

MarilynH

I agree with you 100 % c2q