cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

elizabethf

I'm New

OKAY TOMORROW I STOP SMOKING.  THAT'S WHEN I WILL FINISH MY LAST COUPLE OF CIGARETTES.  THIS WILL BE MY SECOND TIME TO DO THIS.  FIRST TIME WAS 14 YRS AGO. STARTED BACK 3 YRS NOW. FRANKLY I'M SICK OF IT.......WILL NEED SUPPORT TO DO THIS

0 Kudos
1 Reply
billw

Hi Elizabeth, and welcome, trying to drop by and put some comments on others blogs, I just quit yesterday morning, and today went well for me, about 36 hrs into my quit, trying to replace the idle time with healthy activities, I walked 5 1/2 miles today and getting ready for work, I work third shift, my biggest obstacle is when I go into work I crave a cig, and when I am just getting off work in the AM I am craving a cig, I am using the nicotine patch for now to help, I have used it on and off for a long time to quit, seems like when I have others supporting me I am much more successful and accountable. I have smoked for 25 + years on and off, and am serious about quitting, the ps couple years my habit is buying a pack, smoking some and throwing the rest away, not seeing myself as a smoker, but I am a full blown addict for nicotine, and I need others to support me to get through the addiction, one day at a time. Well, again congrats on making a quit date, let me know how it goes.

-Bill

0 Kudos