cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lesabell93

I just quit today I'm bipolar and stressing

Can I get some help from you all I can seem to get it from my family or my husband and with me being bipolar it doesn't help to stay smoke free cause I feel like no one understand what I'm going through I had my thyroids removed because of cancer which was stage 1 papillary carcinoma and I just don't wanna smoke anymore plus I have 5 kids so any help or advice would be great because arguing with my husband just make my wanna smoke even more he is no support at all
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Listen, being bipolar is very difficult. I know from experience. Going through the ups and downs can be straining not only on you but it affects the family too. See if you can take a break and go for a walk. Take some deep breaths and drink some water too. If you can muster up some mints or gum that will be a filler. I know its hard but you can do it. My first day I wanted to throw in the towel by noon but I made it through. Its been 9 days since I had a cigarette and it feels a lot better. I'm not going to lie, I still get a craving first thing in the morning since that was my wake up cigarette but I divert my attention to something else like making my bed or doing some dishes or just having a cup of coffee (I tried giving up caffeine but that didn't work). I started off by having the gum and then I read an online book by Allen Carr that was suggested on this website. Nicotine is the reason we are addicted. So I decided that I was not going to put it back in my body in a different form, I wanted it gone so I stopped using it the second day. This is a hard process but its definitely worth it in the long run. Not only for you but your setting a good example for your kids too. Take your time, relax and hope you can continue your quit. Good luck! We'll be here if you need us.

0 Kudos