cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

val_b

I can see clearly now that the smoke is gone.

It a bright and shining life for me these days.

So I was wrong this site was not the blind leading the blind it's the deternined quitter finding the willing to help me stay quit support people.

It a little over 5 months since my last smoke. I still remember the beginning of my quit. I Blogged on this site, stating "Why don't the experience quitters tell us newby how they overcame their addiction to nicotine if you've been without a puff for more than 2 years?" I was so determine to quit, I wanted more than just the support from the new quitters online (so I thought), I found that the newby had just as much information and experience as some of the quitters of many years.

So my advice to the newby is to get some support buddies and start enjoy your life as a non smoker. I will never go back. Im free, Im free, at last Im free.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
barbara42

you all above me do not realize the hope you put in my heart, i am at 90 days today but because of what you all say, i will climb till i get completely free, i know i can do this peace!
0 Kudos
val_b

My life like most people is and was full of stress, Everything I did outside of working was about relieving the stress in my life. Smoking was the biggest one of all, Gambling was the next and spending was the hardest to overcome. When my blood press was high, shortness of breath and nonstop coughing was a real factor in my life, I knew something had to give. I had wanted to quit smoking for a while, but hated the withdrawals I experienced. I took chantix for 10 days, used the stressful situation relearn tool , got some support buddies and got support from my family and never looked back. I really wanted to quit. So if you really want to quit you can do this, it takes never giving the tobacco companies any more of your money and educating yourself on what nicotine is and what it does to your body, go to ( why quit.com) it will help you outlast the urges. Go live, enjoy, dance, do it all without the need to feed the nicotine addiction. I say this with much love.
0 Kudos
carol-tx

Five months is awesome! This site has been my savior. I had tried and quit and tried and failed and failed and failed. I feel totally different this time. After 24 hours I took the patch off and have not looked back. I have a bunch of patches, just don't need them any more.
I have friends now who support and encourage me. that was MY missing link!
Six days 22 hours, 4 minutes - death sticks not smoked - 208, saved $48.89, saved 17 hours 17 minutes of my life.
0 Kudos
linda-young

oh man, i hope in 5 months i will have your attitude. i sure am trying. i just want it to be 1 yr from now and i am smoke free. well we all must start somewhere and i am at day 14. but smoke free and that is all that counts. later all you exs or exers to be
0 Kudos
tammy25

Good for you baby! You have a great attitude, I wanna be just like you!!!
0 Kudos
edith2

Val, you are so awesome! I absolutely love your post. Your encouragement is so refreshing, with quotes from two of my favorite songs and the great Martin Luther King. You are such an inspiration. Congradulations on over 5 months of being smoke-free!!
0 Kudos
edith2

Val, you are so awesome! I absolutely love your post. Your encouragement is so refreshing, with quotes from two of my favorite songs and the great Martin Luther King. You are such an inspiration. Congradulations on over 5 months of being smoke-free!!
0 Kudos
val_b

Thanks Dollarbill, you sound like a nonsmoker for the rest of your life, keep living and enjoy life without a puff. It really great!
0 Kudos
Susan59

Hey Val!! I am so proud of you. You are such a great inspiration to the people here!

5 months woo hoo!

I remember when ...... this quit looks good on you!!

Prayers Susan Day 216
0 Kudos