cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dawn37

I am not just negative!! Really I am not!

I thought we could start a group discussion, it doesn't have to be today or tomorrow but maybe over time we can all share a good story so when we get really stressed it MIGHT help during one of those:

*You have GOT to be kidding me moments!!*

Instead of appearing only negative, I think it might be a great idea to list some good qualities of our 20 something's or a funny or heartwarming story.  I truly believe if you have positive thoughts, you can have a better outcome.  I am not saying all will be fine, but it just might be better than it would if you had been all negative.  All I know is, feeling positive sometimes is better than feeling lousy all the time, no matter the outcome! How can anyone argue with that? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
marie23

Good Morning, I am asking for prayers and good thoughts for my 20 years old daughter. She is currently staying in a sobriety house but got in trouble for breaking the curfew. She was asked to leave the one she was in and go to another one about 10 miles away. These are both very nice places at the tune 750.00 dollars a month. Not including meals. We are trying to do everythng we can to help her keep her sobriety so she can grow up and be a good Mom to her Son who will turn 3 Next week. They both have lived at home with us he still does. I am so really wanting a happy ending for all here.

I have blown 2 quits due to the stress of continuing issues with my daughter. I am trying my best to believe it will all work out OK. It is hard when you just keep seeing problem after problem this kind of stuff has been happening since she has been 13 so it has been a long road. With a lot of starts and stops inbetween. I am just waiting to exhale and feel like the worst of the storm has passed.

Thanks I hope I am not being too negative. I believe also that we must stay postitve and always hope for a good outcome. I have a strong faith in the Lord he is my rock . God Bless and guide us all     Marie

0 Kudos
dawn37

(((Marie))) Wish I was there to give you a really hug....

I know your pain...we want the best for our children...it does break our hearts. Be strong...I know it is easier said than done...but smoking is not going to change anything...just make it more difficult to breathe and cost you money...

Hang it there & stay strong!  Think of your grandson...

0 Kudos
Yaya2.6.10

Marie, my thoughts and prayers are with your whole family.  I've been there waiting to exhale for months on end and its no fun.  Here comes my positive statement.  In the past stress kept me from quitting.  This time I Quit at a very stressful time and learned that the cigs were making the stress worse.  Its hard to not go to our comfort place, but once you give up on the smoking as a refuge, you will learn that it wasn't helping.

0 Kudos
marie23

Thank you Ladies, I agree with you 100 percent. I have a totally different attitude about life in general that is helping me with this quit and making it much different for me. In the past I always expected my external circumstances to be good in order for me to allow myself to be happy. I am learning now at 52 years old to be happy inside and not let outside influences dictate my overall attitude. So I feel really good about this quit. I have positve expectations about all things in my life. I know there will be days when I will drop to my knees and pray with all I have for God to take my troubles because he is strong when I am weak. I am learning to let go of what I can not control to be grateful and more aware of what my blessing are.

Faith is a wonderful thing and a blessing from above. Thanks again for the group I hope we all can bring a positve blessing of encouragment and hope for each other. Just Believe !

0 Kudos
marie23

Sherri, I am sure that precious text from you Son will keep a smile in your heart for many days to come. Cherish your blessing.

0 Kudos
dawn4

I believe that my 29 year old daughter is alive today.  (some days that's the best  we get).

0 Kudos
maynell

Marie, I think the fact that your daughter (and y'all) are addressing her problem this early in her life is a GREAT thing. She'll come around, I'm sure, because she has a great mom! 

Dawn, I'm going to be saying a special prayer for your daughter at the communion rail this Sunday at church. It's worked before...

Sheri, as my Aunt Em used to say, "There's nothing sweeter than a sweet boy." My sweet boy brought sheets home from school this summer. They hadn't been washed since January. He has a washer/dryer in his apartment. He said he checked them once (!) and didn't think they were that bad. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

0 Kudos
marie23

Thanks for all your prayers ladies. My husband just called me and told me she did finally go to the new sobriety home. I guess she is being asked to sign a behavior contract. So she is making a positve step here. I hope her attiude and pride do not take her down. We will continue to pray for postive forward progress. Just wanted to share the positive progress for today and thank everyone. Dawn I do not know the issure with your 29 year old daughter but I will add her and you to my prayers and hope and believe right along side you.

0 Kudos
dawn4

Thank you, May, Marie....

Each time I see her I remind her that God has an awesome plan for her life and that she is loved more than we both know.

Prayer has kept her safe thus far........

0 Kudos