cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

msrefusenik

I Am No Virgin Either

In fact, during my childbearing and early child-raising years, I quit smoking for over ten years.  I hated it too.  I was an intolerant ex-smoker who had no patience with smokers.  Instant Karma came to bite me in the ass.  A rough divorce and ugly custody battle saw me running back to my security death wish Marlboros like birds going for upturned worms after a big storm.  I've quit recently too.  Earlier this year I quit for four months cold turkey with the help of the About.com Support Site.  I was just really getting into congratulating myself and thinking quitting wasn't as bad as I anticipated, when one day...   I just missed them, okay?  I wanted to taste a cigarette again, but just ONE you understand.  Now I am trying to make myself set a quit day.  This morning I almost lost it when I couldn't breathe and couldn't find my Ventolin inhaler.  Every smoker needs a Ventolin inhaler don't they? 

I am so sick of the wasted money, the shortness of breath, the sure slow death and disease creeping up on me daily.  I saw this site by a fluke and next thing I knew I picked a quit date.  Naturally it isn't for a month yet.  But having a date is real progress for me.  I feel like a winner.  I pray to quit smoking most every day.  God heard my prayer when he led me down some Internet byways and back alleys to this little website. 

Anyone want to be my quit buddy?  November 19th is Q-Day.  Can you do it? 

Oh help us all God.  I am recovering from alcohol and drugs just fine.  But this drug, this addiction is the mother of all addictions.  I worry that some day if I continue to be a spiritual seeker I might actually reach enlightenment or awakening and I'll be smoking a butt at the time.  What will I do?  Will I set myself on fire because I've transcended my body?  Will I tell enlightenment to take a hike because I have a fag to finish?   Will I set it in an ashtray and go off to Nirvana and leave an unsmoked cigarette burning and waiting for me?  Unlikely.  I'd have to finish smoking that sucker. 

Hel p me somebody, please. 

Maryellen

0 Kudos
0 Replies