cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bluetoad

I am an EXTREME heavy smoker at 23 but...

I will stop smoking soon. I smoke 1 - 3 packs a day, normally 1 and half. I have smoked 5 packs in a 24hr period before.... this addiction is too extreme for me. I feel it extremely heavy on my heart and lungs now and noticed shortness of breath much more frequently recently. Also my dad had a heart attack at 28, mine is coming. I NEED to stop but really don't know how. I make very little money and seems like saving $100+ for a medication is impossible because something always needs money somewhere else... I wonder if I could just check into a re-hab for smoking. Any and ALL suggestions would be greatly apprieciated
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ree

hello BlueToad, do you drink as well? I could easily smoke a pack 1/2 on a night while out at a club or a night of socil drinking and just hanging out. i am 27, before my quit i smoked since i was about 15, so for at least 8 years of that I was a heavy, heavy,smoker. If you want to quit, You just have to say so, mean it, believe it and do it! It will be scary at times, you may not even know if you can do it. but you can.! You Know the risks if you contiune to smoke, you are very young, you dont want to have a heart attack, let alone all the other health risks, plus I dont know how much a pack is where you live, but my last pack that I bought was $7.95 thats F'n $8.00!! when i started smoking I would be able to save my lunch money and have my cousin buy me a pack and that was $2.50. so the price along with aaaallll the health issues is all the reason to give those nasty things up. 🙂 stick with the site, track your triggers and such to get you ready for the quit see where and when you smoke the most, and then all you need to do is set a date! hope I was some help. COME ON BLUETOAD, COME ON OVER TO OUR SIDE, THE EX-SIDE 🙂
0 Kudos