cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mombug

I'M NEW

Hi, I'm Mombug and I am a relapsed smoker. I quit twenty years ago, and it only took my about a month to become addicted to cigarettes again. I started smoking again around six months ago, and am determined to quit again. Thanks for any encouragement you can provide!!
0 Kudos
23 Replies
marion

Hi Mombug,
Were you quit for 20 yrs?? It just goes to show how pervasive addiction really is. It's a monkey on your back that never goes away. Like a little voice telling you, "oh it's okay to have just one puff...it won't hurt anything" and before you know it you are right back in it! I wish you the best of luck this time around. I know you can do it. I have tried many times before with no luck. I think the longest stretch I had was 6 days! Why I went and bought that pack I will never know. But I am determined to make it work this time. This website is a God send for me. I need all the support I can get.
0 Kudos
marion

Hi Connie,
All I can say is...YOU GIVE ME HOPE!!! Thank you!
0 Kudos
mombug

Hi Marion, Have you started yet? I try every day and I have cut down on some days, but others are real disasters. I am thrilled to be here on this site. I know 20 years is an eternity, last time I quit cold turkey because I almost set my couch on fire, nice huh? Anyway, I wish you the best, Marion. Hopefully we'll all get through this together!!!!

Paula
0 Kudos
mombug

Wow Jackie, 11 months and counting, you are awesome!! One puff is all it takes, whether its 20 years or 20 minutes, it just stays with you. I will definitely check out the whyquit website. I went cold turkey before, it may be the only way for me. It's kind of like a box of cheezits with me, I can't stop until the box is gone!!! Thanks so much, I'll let you know how I make out.

Paula
0 Kudos