Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

I Don't Eat Spiders And Snakes

But I've Learned Just What It Takes To Quit Smoking, I Ain't Joking.  🙂

20 Replies
elvan

YoungAtHeart‌ I hope you are enjoying the beach, I am SO JEALOUS but so happy for you. I will have to look for one...Amazon?  Does it have a name?

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Bug Wand, I think.  Be careful, though  - there are some that zap them and you don't want that!!!

😉

(I have now been down to the water's edge twice on my crutches.  I just walk them over the soft sand  - and there is a good amount of well packed sand where I can use them - and by the water's edge is fine, too.  The water is actually warmer than the air today!)

0 Kudos

I was betting I was faster than pantry spiders.

0 Kudos
elvan

Well, I KNOW I am not...

0 Kudos
bonniebee

what a cute song and video !

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

elvan‌ - Get some peppermint oil and put a few drops in a spray bottle with some water and spray it around your doors and windows.  I have not seen a single spider inside my apartment since I did that.  

elvan

Someone else told me that a long time ago and I will have to try it...my allergies were horrible this past weekend at work and someone recommended that I put a little bit of peppermint oil under my nose and that it might help.  I was either sneezing or trying NOT to sneeze.  Thanks, I know there is a little shop that opened in town where I can probably get some.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I found mine at Wal Mart - you might check there too.  Probably less expensive than a little shop.  It was in the area of the OTC meds. 

0 Kudos
elvan

WOW, I will check there, I have never looked for essential oils there...that IS what it is, right?  Do you know the approximate measurements...how much oil to water?

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

no I do not know the ratio - I added a few drops to about 2 cups of water.  Not much is needed and I have had spider problems since I moved here 3 years ago.  Yes it is essential oils - wasn't looking for it either just happened across it. 

0 Kudos