cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

muriel-jones

Hypnosis

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had tried hypnosis. I have yet to set my quit date again. I tried a week ago and fail misserable. I am one of those who is so afraid to quit, if that makes any sense to any of you.
Again I would like to know if anyone has tried or knows of someone who has tried hypnosis. I am so afraid of cold turkey.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
rj_

Aint nothing to be afraid of, yes there may be withdrawl, some nervousness, headachs, snappyness, but none of that Kills and it ends starting as soon as 72 hours of no new nicotine ingestion.
I dont know about hypnosis, but take a try at deep breathing, and a large dose of self confidence.

ANYONE CAN QUIT.
take a look at www.whyquit.com for a great education on nicotine addiction, some great tips and success stories,
Regards, RJ... Free at Last 504 days.
0 Kudos
rj_

Aint nothing to be afraid of, yes there may be withdrawl, some nervousness, headachs, snappyness, but none of that Kills and it ends starting as soon as 72 hours of no new nicotine ingestion.
I dont know about hypnosis, but take a try at deep breathing, and a large dose of self confidence.

ANYONE CAN QUIT.
take a look at www.whyquit.com for a great education on nicotine addiction, some great tips and success stories,
Regards, RJ... Free at Last 504 days.
0 Kudos
danielle28

My sister in law, and her husband went through hypnosis. She was a pack a day smoker, and he was close to smoking
3 packs a day!!! They left their session, and haven't smoked a single cigarette since!!! That was over 2 years ago. I think they paid about 500 bucks for each of them, but I think they have probably got all of that money back from what they have saved by not buying smokes!!!
My sister in law said that she didn't go through any kind of withdrawl. She said she didn't crave a cigarette at all, like she was never even a smoker. I couldn't imagine how that must have felt!! WONDERFUL maybe?!!!
Her husband said that he had a couple of packs in his truck, waiting for the craving to kick in, and to prove that hypnosis didn't work, but about a week later, he still hadn't smoked one, so he just got rid of them.
0 Kudos
judie2

I had hyponotherapy yesterday and did great untill this morning and I gave in, going back to redo, think it was my fault cause I hid a pack at home in case and I just gave in. I AM SO MAD AT ME. now when hubby comes home I will hide till I go back cause I dont want him to know what a failure I am. Judy
0 Kudos