cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

owlets3

Husband still smokes

Hello all,

Yesterday  was my quit day.  My husband still smokes.  How do I deal with that?

21 Replies
RoseH

I am free and almost two years quit.  N.O.P. E. for me!  Thank you for your concern!  I absolutely know what would happen if I thought I could have “just one”...  not going there!

0 Kudos
RoseH

I put the “quit kit” in your private message section  owlets3‌.  It will help you make a plan to stay quit...  I also suggest you read Allen Carr’s book, “The Easy Way To Stop Smoking.”  If I can do it after decades of smoking, you can too!  If you want a quit buddy, I’m yours!  Welcome!

0 Kudos
owlets3

I have read his book.  That's how I stopped smoking the first time for 18 months.  Then I found out I had cancer and I fell of the wagon after starting treatments.  One would think that would have made me not start smoking again.  After a year and a half of smoking, enough is enough, and I am now on day 4 of smoke-free!  Thank you for all your support.

green1611

congratulations on your quit...great step.

I can imagine, it would be difficult scene when one smokes, and the other trying to quit. 

Stay on your quit.... no matter what... NOPE.

All the best !

0 Kudos
indingrl

I would ask him to smoke OUTSIDE and let him do what he chooses - FREE WILL - YOU chose to live TODAY as a NON SMOKER - shine on MY beloved sister - live out YOUR OWN NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE - one breathe at a time

0 Kudos
owlets3

Thank you all for you support!

elvan

Look at you, you can do ANYTHING, l MEAN THAT! I am SO PROUD of you!

Ellen

Cousin-Itt

My wife Joyce quit 5 years before I did She stated that she would appreciate it that I go outside. Not smoke in the car or when she was close to me outside. It took a little bit of time and I had to be reminded but I myself was proud of her. Now on the other hand she never got on me about my smoking which I'm sure would have caused problems also

Congratulations owlets3 on your quit.   

owlets3

My husband has been very mindful.  I didn't ask him not to smoke around me but on his own he has been going outside and not smoking in the car.  I am grateful!  My choice not to smoke doesn't mean it has to be his choice.  I hope someday it will be his choice.

I hope sooner than later!

Gai.C

Welcome. Congratulations on your decision to Quit. I Quit over 3.5 years ago. My husband and daughter still smoke. My husband doesn't smoke around me at all. He says it's a Respect Thing for him.  My daughter smokes in front of me daily. I promised God that I would never smoke again.  I never even think about it anymore.  I Personally Hate cigarettes and what they've taken from me. My Mother passed in 2011. My Stepmom passed February 2019 due to smoking.  It's your Quit not his. Just ask that he doesn't smoke in the house, car. 

0 Kudos