cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fee33

How's everyone coping today without cigarettes?

Just wanted to check on everyone

29 Replies
12Finally34

I made the pledge for 72 days!! 

The money invested, the smell/holes in clothes, the isolation from family and friend, the irritation, the deferred dreams are being replaced with the sense of better smell, taste. and hope for a better future without cigarettes.

Fee33

So proud of you!!!!

0 Kudos
12Finally34

Thank you and I am so grateful for this site.  

I am just beginning the water works and it feels strange crying and not choking back the tears.  

It feels good to have a place that feels safe and no judging.

0 Kudos
Elltegant

Day 4. Starting to feel human. Not just a ball of tears anymore                  

Fee33

Don't feel like the lone ranger I went through that too an guess what I cried screamed etc an I am on day 8 keep on keeping on elltegant your doing great so proud of you!!!! 8DOF WOOHOO!!! 4DOF WAY TO GO ELLTEGANT 

0 Kudos
Elltegant

Yay! Good for you!!!! We'll both keep it up! Nasty nasty crap it is!!

Fee33

Yes it is I agree!! I'm alot moody wo them lol but getting over that part everyday that goes by.

0 Kudos
elvan

Elltegant‌ It gets better the more days you stack up...it really does.  We have all been where you are and sometimes we thought we would never get past that point but we did and we DO and we keep on going.  Quitting is a gift to yourself and to everyone who cares about you!

Ellen

0 Kudos
12Finally34

Congratulation Elitegant. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Learning to accept our feelings without stuffing them down takes time...WHY?  We had a LOT of practice stuffing and now we need to learn to deal with life the way people who never smoked or became addicted to anything else...it's okay to cry, to get angry, to feel sad, to not want to be around people.  We need to be as gentle with ourselves as we are to others.

Ellen

0 Kudos