cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fee33

How's everyone coping today without cigarettes?

Just wanted to check on everyone

29 Replies
elvan

Same as yesterday, just FINE.  I don't want to smoke, I don't need to smoke, I REALLY did not like smoking and I HATE the smell of smoke...I am grateful for every smoke free moment that I have!

Fee33

So proud of you!!!! 

0 Kudos
Brianairb2

I'm feeling THANKFUL to be living without cigarettes.  Simply put, life is just better.  I'm so happy to be here, and that you're all here as well. Fee33 Congratulations on 7 DOF.  There's still some struggle and mind games to come, but it sounds like you have exactly the right attitude and approach!  

~Brian 97 DOF

Fee33

So proud of you too Brian an thank you for the encouragement!!! They have alot of vets on here an I'm like a newbie so of course alot is over the coping part it's getting easier I can say that much! Staying away from anyone who smokes I feel I am just to weak to be around someone smoking like someone I know ow that smokes I can't handle that right now again so proud of your 97DOF (Felicia) 

JACKIE1-25-15

Your seven days has brought a us your new spirit of life with out smoking.  Thanks for being here. Stay close.  Come here first if you are having any challenges.  We will help you.  Give us a chance to help you. 

0 Kudos
Fee33

I have a very open mind to anyone's opinions I don't take offense of anything someone tells me I am so happy to be here Jackie your so awesome an I'm so proud of you too!!!! 

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I'm not sure I'm so much coping as I'm hanging in there. I'm full of rationalization thinking today. I let it infiltrate my brain and then show it the door. I'm smarter than cigarette addiction. That's the intelligent side of me. I can have just one. That's the addict side. But the addict side is wrong and I'm processing each message from my addict brain and letting it go. 

That's today. We'll see how future days go as I continue to not smoke. 

Just take it one minute at a time, DonnaMarie‌! You are doing Great! You, too, Felicia!

elvan

DonnaMarie‌ as Thomas3.20.2010‌ says...one day at a time and when that is too long....one hour at a time.  If you a particularly strong crave...always come to EX before you smoke, give us a chance to help you get past it.  No crave ever killed anyone...EVER.    Fee33‌ you have completed what we "fondly" refer to as Hell Week...that is very impressive.

0 Kudos
Fee33

Keep on doing what your doing Donna your so awesome remember NOPE woohoo!!! You inspire me alot

0 Kudos