cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mertiegail

How do you sleep?

Hello,

My quit date is just around the corner so I've been working on finding my triggers and how to get past those. One thing I have found the last few days is it's really difficult for me to get to sleep at night without a just before bed cigarette. I feel tired and everything but my mind just keeps racing. Then as I lay awake I just keep going back to thinking I should just go out for a cig and that'll help me get to sleep. So I'm wondering what everyone else is doing to help them sleep or have you folks just been running on E for this time? It's made me a bit short tempered being so tired all the time but I definitely don't want to give in to the cravings. I'm also cautious about using sleep aids as I don't want to trade one habit for another. Thanks! Abby

25 Replies
YoungAtHeart

0 Kudos
Lauralives

Ok. so what was the question?  HAHA!!  So sleeping, yes I struggle too.  Day 35 but when I smoked I drank a bit too so that helped me sleep and I am healthier now.  So, I think Jones is saying, and correct me if I am wrong, that the Super Bowl was SO boring that you could watch it and it will put you to sleep!!  I also love, the reading and tea suggestion by sweetplt.  And, I love that some say, Oh well, yes, you might have some problems sleeping but...and this is added by me, did you really expect NOT to have any side effects from quitting?  By God's grace, we recover much quicker than the time it took to crucify our bodies with the addiction!!  Gratitude goes a long way........

taraanne

I have actually gone to bed without smoking and I have always been a noctournal smoker.  Right now I am preparing to do just that as it is day one for me.  I feel peaceful but just a hint of craving knocking at my door.  I am writing about it to help.  I ate, took my vitamins, am drinking herbal tea and now will watch a comedy show under snuggly warm blankets.  and yes...I am taking cleansing breaths.  

elvan

taraanne‌ Smoking really does not do anything FOR you...I understand that you have come to believe that it helps you to sleep but it actually increases your heart rate...you need to do the reading that YoungAtHeart‌ recommended and read blogs written by JonesCarpeDiem‌ https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6040-my-welcome-to-new-members-12-years-of-watching  You cannot possibly be TOO EDUCATED about this addiction.  Please believe that it IS an addiction...recovery is one day at a time and it is a journey.  Support from this site will help you more than you can imagine and your own commitment will ensure a successful quit.  Remember that we are here and that we all want you to succeed.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

insomminot.jpg

*Only sold in New Delhi

DonnaMarie

I'm not sleeping as we speak. I hope to get back to it again some day!

0 Kudos