cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Subzero20001

How do you feel so far?

In January I got the flu and even though I'm a healthy 27 year old man, I got pneumonia and was out for over two weeks. I can't help but point my finger at my constant vaping.

I've been using patches (and duct tape) for the past 2 days. Went from 90-120 mg nicotine per day to 21 mg, and now the craving is REAL. Several times a day I have to fight with myself to not go and buy a disposable vape.

I'm feeling on edge, my gums hurt, I get headaches. On the other hand, though, I already feel as though my airways are less restricted and I can breath more Freely. 

Just wanted to express how it's been for me so far in hopes that others can relate. If you're so inclined, please leave a post about how you're feeling so far and how long ago you quit.  If there are enough replies, maybe I can gauge what people are feeling based on the number of days from their quit date. 

22 Replies
SuzyQ411

WOW Nancy! What a supportive, in-depth and organized epistle of your quit experience!  PLUS, with links to add extra knowledge along the way!!! If you were the student and I your prof, I would give you an A+, a 4.0, and encouage you to submit for publication. And you, Subzero20001‌, have just received a successfully travelled map from a prized elder of our EX clan. Use it to good use, and allow us fellow Ex'ers to be your "go to's" along the way ~

Subzero20001

Yes, I'm seeing a huge amount of support here! Today was still rough, but going through everybody's helpful and inspiring replies has been aiding me in resisting temptation. 

sweetplt

Good Job Subzero20001 ... hang in there and keep close to the support site...

elvan

Welcome to EX, this is the most informative & supportive site anywhere. I credit them for my 6 1/2 year quit. I could not have done it without them! 
You sound like you have a really good attitude.

Welcome.

Ellen

maryfreecig

Have you read this?

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/AnnetteMM/blog/2019/09/08/how-to-quit-juul-or-vaping-in-ge... 

Welcome to Ex. Stick to your goal to quit--one day at a time.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

elvan

Keep stacking those days, it will get easier and easier.  Promise.

Ellen

Jen_819

Hi! Today is Day 4 for me. It is tough, I am not going to sugar coat this journey! This is my third rodeo and I am not falling off this bad ass bull!! Still today a Marlboro Light sounds good, but then I think about the nasty taste in my mouth YUCK!!! I take deep breaths often and it feels so good. I also got the Quit It app on my phone and I love it!!! It tells you how much money you have saved, how much time, how your body is recovering, and lets you set goals for what to do with the money saved! I am here if you want to talk. I work from 8a-4a CST and get so bored (we have been slow). I stay busy by reading everything I can on this site. Good luck and YOU GOT THIS!!!!

SuzyQ411

CONGRATULATIONS ON *** FOUR *** DAYS *** NOT *** SMOKING *** Jen_819congratulations with thumbs up.jpg

indingrl

https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/understanding-nicotine-withdrawal-symptoms I hope your feeling better and I am so thankful YOU chose to be a NON SMOKER