cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Sorice1

How do I use the quit calculator from a phone?

Jump to solution

How do I use that quit spreadsheet to see how many days I quit, how many cigarettes I smoked, and money saves, can someone help me

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Quit Calculator there are some fields in the upper left you type your values in and it will calculate things below.  All the directions are on the screen.  Just click in the respective boxes and you should be able to type over the values that are currently in the cells.  @Sorice1 

Updated: Fixed permission issue that was occurring as result of recent Google update.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sorice1 

It goes fast but I've put some time stamps below to let you know what is happening during the screen capture.

Entering info on the EX Quit Calculator.MOV - Google Drive 

EX Quit Calculator

1.  (0:00) Tap on the cell you want to edit and then you should see the current value at the bottom of the screen.
  2. (0:03) Tap the Pencil icon at the right of the current number to edit.
  3.  You'll then see a keyboard pop-up to let you know you've entered edit mode.
  4. (0:04-0:08) Update the cell to your values and then click the check mark when you're done editing the cell.
  5. (0:09-0:10) At the top of your screen you should see the numbers update. 
  6. (0:11-0:39) Repeat on cells B3 and B4
  7. (0:40-0:47) Scroll down to view your stats

Time Wasted Calculator

1. (0:48-0:49) Switch Sheets by clicking on the second tab
  2. (0:50-0:52) Click in Cell B2 and then click the pencil icon next to the date you started  using cigarettes
  3. (0:53-1:00) Update the date you started using cigarettes and then click green checkmark.
  4. (1:01-1:30) Click B3-B5 and then Pencil button to edit the cells to update to your values. Once done, view your stats.
EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Giulia

I used to have a list of quit counters but most of them were flash-based and flash is no longer supported.   I'll knock on @CommunityAdmin 's door, I'm sure he can help.  The counter on EX to my knowledge only gives you the date you quit and the years/days/hours.  (Which you can find on your home page.   Meanwhile you can Google search "quit smoking aps."  There are plenty of them mentioned.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Quit Calculator there are some fields in the upper left you type your values in and it will calculate things below.  All the directions are on the screen.  Just click in the respective boxes and you should be able to type over the values that are currently in the cells.  @Sorice1 

Updated: Fixed permission issue that was occurring as result of recent Google update.

EX Community Admin Team
Sorice1

Hi Mark, its not allowing me to type in anything,  that's why I'm asking, I am on my phone does that matter?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sorice1 Thanks for letting me know you're on a phone. Is it an iPhone or an Android Phone? I have an iPhone that allows screen recording so I should be able to show how it's done. It's likely very similar on Android as well but doing it on iPhone should give you a sense of how it's done. Stand by.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sorice1 

It goes fast but I've put some time stamps below to let you know what is happening during the screen capture.

Entering info on the EX Quit Calculator.MOV - Google Drive 

EX Quit Calculator

1.  (0:00) Tap on the cell you want to edit and then you should see the current value at the bottom of the screen.
  2. (0:03) Tap the Pencil icon at the right of the current number to edit.
  3.  You'll then see a keyboard pop-up to let you know you've entered edit mode.
  4. (0:04-0:08) Update the cell to your values and then click the check mark when you're done editing the cell.
  5. (0:09-0:10) At the top of your screen you should see the numbers update. 
  6. (0:11-0:39) Repeat on cells B3 and B4
  7. (0:40-0:47) Scroll down to view your stats

Time Wasted Calculator

1. (0:48-0:49) Switch Sheets by clicking on the second tab
  2. (0:50-0:52) Click in Cell B2 and then click the pencil icon next to the date you started  using cigarettes
  3. (0:53-1:00) Update the date you started using cigarettes and then click green checkmark.
  4. (1:01-1:30) Click B3-B5 and then Pencil button to edit the cells to update to your values. Once done, view your stats.
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sorice1 Try it again. There was a permission issue that I believe I have solved now.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos