smeyer1212

How do I quit if I don’t want to quit?

Jump to solution

How do I quit if I don’t want to quit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JACKIE1-25-15

.”  I suggest that you follow the steps on the web site pages along with reading, writing, studying, researching and blogging if you like.

This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be a nonsmoker.  If you haven’t read it or have not been informed read  Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Way to Quit Smoking”. It is in pdf on the web  It is an easy suggested  Also check out www.whyquit.com.  There is a lot of additional beneficial information to read and study.  Look for Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101. Both were extremely helpful for me.  Stay close to the site and learn, ask questions. Read the blogs and most of all enjoy your commitment to quit smoking.

If you should need something to do here is a link that will help

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @smeyer1212   I suspect most of us didn't want to quit.  It's an addiction and we always believed smoking helped us navigate through life.   Being willing to quit is the key.   Like many, I quit for health reasons.   I did want to improve my health though.  

Read everything you can on this site to educate yourself about this addiction and create a quit plan.   Doing these two things will give you the confidence you need to be successful.  

And having the support from other quitters made all the difference for me.  So join us!

Barb

smeyer1212

Thanks! 😊

JACKIE1-25-15

Keep a list close by of why you should quit. 

0 Kudos
smeyer1212

Did that and also put together a list of the positive things that would change in my life when I quit. 
I got that from the book Easy Way to Quit Smoking also!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

.”  I suggest that you follow the steps on the web site pages along with reading, writing, studying, researching and blogging if you like.

This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be a nonsmoker.  If you haven’t read it or have not been informed read  Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Way to Quit Smoking”. It is in pdf on the web  It is an easy suggested  Also check out www.whyquit.com.  There is a lot of additional beneficial information to read and study.  Look for Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101. Both were extremely helpful for me.  Stay close to the site and learn, ask questions. Read the blogs and most of all enjoy your commitment to quit smoking.

JACKIE1-25-15

Make a list of reasons you should quit and keep it close.,  Quitting requires having a change of mind.  You can talk yourself into something the same way you talk out of it. Education is the key to a successful quit.  Make a decision and commit to it. Know the LAW! 

This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be a nonsmoker.  If you haven’t read it or have not been informed read  Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Way to Quit Smoking”. It is in pdf on the web  It is an easy suggested read.  Also check out www.whyquit.com.  There is a lot of additional beneficial information to read and study.  Look for Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101. Both were extremely helpful for me.  Stay close to the site and learn, ask questions. Read the blogs and most of all enjoy your commitment to quit smoking.

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/5711492/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke).  If you take the time to do the work you will have success. I wish I had done it sooner

0 Kudos
smeyer1212

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
jdepp0809

I was struggling with this up through last Sunday. I had been praying daily for God to give me the desire to quit... and I got hit with a major depression on Sunday that has lasted the last few days. So here I am... getting ready to quit. 

0 Kudos
jdepp0809

Also, I suspect that since you are here, you on some level are considering or wanting to quit??

0 Kudos