Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Melissapowell

Hi

Hi everyone!!! I am from charlottesville Virginia. I have 48 days today. ❤️

Tags (1)
7 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations.  I am from Portsmouth VA.  I did not know there was a group for VA quitters.  Well, I guess if you stick around you will learn something new every day

Melissapowell

Yes. I just found the group today❤️

0 Kudos
DeAuto10

I just became a member glad to see there are people from Virginia, I live in Hampton.

elvan

Welcome to EX DeAuto10‌, I am from Lexington, VA.  Do the homework to get ready for your quit, it will make it much smoother.   I agree with JACKIE1-25-15‌ that education is the key to quitting and staying quit.  Support is also very important, along with commitment.  No one can quit for you but we can sure support you one your journey.  I used the plan on this site to prepare My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and I read this blog over and over again by JonesCarpeDiem‌ /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  I came to this site every morning and every evening and I read blogs and I commented and I asked for help and I LISTENED to the advice I was given.  I have been quit for over four years now and quitting is the best thing I ever did for myself.  You CAN do this, please remember that quitting is not an event, it is a journey and there will be good days and bad days just like always.  My mantra was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever and I said it over and over and over again.

Again, welcome.

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

DeAuto10            Welcome to EX.  You have come to the right place to quit smoking The idea is to start at the beginning by making a commitment that no matter what happens or goes on in your life that you will not use it as an EXcuse to smoke.  With that philosophy, you will have success on this journey.  No, it is not easy but it is doable by using that principle and educating yourself about nicotine addiction.   If you hang around you will see that quitting is doable, because many of us have.  Look forward to a new day and a new way of life.  It is all up to you.  This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be smoke-free. Quitting smoking requires hard work and determination not to give up.   It can be challenging at times but you will learn that it is doable if you adhere to NOPE not one puff ever no matter what. Start first, by educating yourself about nicotine addiction.  Education is the key to a successful quit.  Read: Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101         

Here are the links: http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html   and http://whyquit.com/ffn/

I also encourage you to read. Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Easier Way to Quit Smoking”.    

DeAuto10

Thank you Jackie and Melissa I have had  so many fails with quitting smoking, but I really want the smokes out of my life. All phases of my life are changing and I am on a new beginning. I will check out all the links you sent me and I thank you both again for your response and the positive attitude.

Deborah

djmurray

Hello fellow Virginians.  I live in Manassas now, but will be moving to Midlothian on August 6.  The links you've been given are really helpful, and I also urge you to use them.  Quitting is all about your mind and I remember one particularly difficult day I had in the first two weeks I spent on You Tube watching videos of people who didn't quit in time.  It got me through that day.  Also, in case no one has mentioned it, if you start to feel you're going to go out to get cigarettes, first get on this site and type HELP as the title of your blog.  Within minutes there will be people who will respond to help you get through those bad moments.  Stay close to this community -- I credit my friends here at BecomeAnEx as the extra added support for mine and many others' forever quits.