cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bethany

Hi My name is Bethany, I have not had a puff in 29 days!!!

I am a married mother of one, I have been a nic. addict on and off for 15 years. I quit for my health mainly, I was waking up in the mornings with what felt like and elephant on my chest, not to mention the nasty cough I was develping. Also, after my 29 year old friend was diagnosed with an inoperable sarcoma of the lung (lung cancer) and watching him under go chemo treatments, seeing the pain in his eyes not being able to be with his wife while she was giving birth to his first son because he was in the middle of a chemo treatment, to see the pain in his 4 year old daughters eyes while she asks her dad if he is dying That was it for me, I was all done, I have to be there for my daughter, I have to watch her grow, I want to be there when she has her babies. This is not an option anymore it is a fact, If I don't quit I will end up like my sweet friend. I cannot allow that to happen knowing there was something I could have done to change it.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
icanquit

HORRRRRRRRRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
elizabeth17

Quitting is so empowering, no? Good days, bad days, whiny and irritable days aside. It is the biggest kick ass thing we will ever do. Congratulations to you for your 29 days and all the hard hard work that's gone with it!
0 Kudos