cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lesliex

Hi, I'm new here

My husband and I stopped smoking yesterday. We are using the patch. My husband doesn't want to discuss our quitting. He finds it easier not to talk about it. At the same time, it's all I want to talk about. I thought that this website would be helpful. So far things are going ok. Not good, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Strudel

Hi Leslie - welcome to the site! Congrats to you and your husband! You are in a great place for support - stick around! 

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hey hi....you found the best site for support. Stay close. Many success stories here on EX and no reason you can't be one of them.... 

0 Kudos
josnyder72

Welcome Leslie!! Congratulations to you and your husband for making the decision to quit smoking. You have found a great resource full of information and tons of support from an awesome group of people. Stay close to the site and pop in whenever a craving hits...Also make sure to take the daily pledge, I have found that super helpful just to get through the day....Keep us posted on your progress..You are not alone in this journey

Jo

34 DOF

0 Kudos
Sootie

YAY for you and for your husband!! My husband and I quit almost 8 years ago about one month apart. He also was not one to discuss what was happening........i held out like that for awhile but finally could feel myself needing to share and I found this community. This is the BEST PLACE for support during your quit.

Welcome to EX......we are all here for each other!

Stay Strong

Have your husband read https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6040-my-welcome-to-new-members-10-years-of-wisdom- 

It will give him the path of common sense to not fight himself and not give up.

0 Kudos
Brianairb2

Hey there Lesliex !  Welcome.  I'm just 57 days quit‌, and this site has been a significant force in pushing me forward.  Come here every day, read a little and blog.  It's been helpful to me to be able to talk about it, and if that's what you need, you're definitely in the right place!

-Brian

elvan

Lesliex  I really should have advised you to come here often...I came every morning and every evening, it strengthened my quit and helped me to get through some really rough times.  It WILL get better but it takes time...there is no way to speed it up, there are no shortcuts...my mantra was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever!  Worked wonders for me because it was so simple.

Ellen

0 Kudos