cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

seeker

Hi, I'm new here too

My name is Connie, I'm 55 years old & I've smoked for 44 years. I quit May 11, 2009, but I have had my share of 'hiccups', the most resent being my father-in-law passing away last week. I really need help fighting the urges I have. I still use the patch & I start on the 7 mg ones Friday, so I know they will only get worse.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
kellie_a

Connie, I know you can do this. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. You've come to a great place to get support. ALL of us were you in your shoes at one point. Some of us still may be. But you can do this.
I highly suggest that when you are ready to quit and you do quit, please go pledge in the Daily Pledge Room. It really helps. It kept me true to my quit. Jim Taddeo, the one that runs the thing over there, is a great guy for advice. He gives the no-nonsense kind of advice that helps me a lot.

I think you'll find that this is really will be what helps turn you around. If you need any help, just reach out. :]
0 Kudos
seeker

Thanks Kelli, I'll check it out.
0 Kudos
NancyJC

Welcome Connie. It's good to have you here. Personally, the urges you are having are just day-to-day happenings, Things that a person who has never smoked deals with also. You can do this. Just wait, you won't believe the freedom you feel not having to depend on a cig or the patch to get you through the day. Congrats on being smoke free since 5/11. There is a lot of good support here. I quit cold turkey about 300 days ago and feel great. Like I said, the freedom is the greatest thing. I used to think I couldn't get through the day without a cigarette. It really is wonderful knowing that I don't have to make sure I have enough cigarettes to go anywhere or doing anything. Stay strong. We will do this. We are here for you. Peace.
0 Kudos