cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mach1girlee

Hi Everyone!

My name is Samantha and I am addicted to cigarettes : ( but I am insistent on breaking the habit and kicking its butt!! I have set a quit date of Jan 16th as of yesterday. I have only smoked 4 cigarettes so far today so I'm on my way! I have spent today figuring out my triggers. I am finding out, in just one day, that alot of my problem is just habit not necessarily intolerable urges. Don't get me wrong, the urges are very demanding at times!!! Anyways, I CAN do this and I AM going to do this! Just need a little support and a place to run when I think I can't go another minute...
0 Kudos
9 Replies
carlie

We're REALLY good at support....you run HERE...and HOLLER !!!! Like Barbara says....."We got your back !!!"

Good Luck !!!
0 Kudos
rj_

Hello Samantha, welcome and yea we are all addicts to nicotine, it aint a habit it is a flat out addiction that keeps us feeding poison into our body. It sounds like you are cutting back and that is good as well as figuring triggers, etc...
Yes you can quit, anyone can.
Education+determination = success,
try looking at whyquit.com for education, well organizes, easy to use, determination and attitude come from within, and success is measured one day at a time.
best to ya, RJ Free at Last 478 days after 32+yrs.
0 Kudos
edith2

You've made a very smart decision and you'll get alot of support here. You're in great company here and I believe you will be successful with your quit!
0 Kudos
edith2

You've made a very smart decision and you'll get alot of support here. You're in great company here and I believe you will be successful with your quit!
0 Kudos
mach1girlee

Good site! Thanks!
0 Kudos
brent3

YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU WILL DO THIS !! GO GIRL GO GO GO GIRL!! 😃
0 Kudos
maez

Samantha go go go go go and when you can't go any further go!
0 Kudos
maez

Looks like you and I have had this monkey on our backs for about the same amount of years. Talk about receptors! How many time have you tried to quit. I was one of those 60's kids that thought I was infallable and never tried until the damaGE was done. Now we all find ourselves in need of that support group again/
0 Kudos
maez

It's nice to hear people say GO! instead of Oh come on why haven't you quit yet!
0 Kudos