cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

susan64

Hi All.......It's Susan

Hi All,
Sorry I havn't been in touch lately, we have been a little busy. Lot's of doctor appointments. Robert is doing fine so far....there will be a surgery to unblock the artery and put a stent in. We don't know when though. As for me I'm ashamed to say I am still a smoker. I don't smoke as much as I use to but still smoking. I might smoke a pack of cigarettes in 8 days or so, more when we are at the hospital. Thank everyone of you guys for your support. I will try to stay in contact more often. No I have not set a quit date yet......but I will when I see one that I can actually feel strong about. Thank You for the prayers.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SaraSmile

Glad to hear your husband is doing fine! You're right to pick a date that you can feel strong about, just don't wait to long, ok Susan?! We're here for you no matter what!
Sara
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
cindy41

HI SUSAN, I AM ALSO STILL SMOKING, BUT TRYING TO QUIT. MY HUSBAND'S NAME IS ROBERT, HE HAD LUPUS NEPHRITIS AND IS DISABLED. I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL AT THE HOSPITAL. WE ARE THERE OFTEN. I HOPE YOUR ROBERT IS DOING WELL. I WILL BE SAYING A PRAYER FOR YOUR FAMILY. I HAVEN'T SET A DATE YET EITHER. I DON'T KNOW IF IT SHOULD BE LIKE TOMORROW OR A WEEK FROM NOW. I HAVE BEEN CHEWING ALOT OF GUM AND CROCHETING TO SLOW DOWN.

CINDY
0 Kudos
colleen3

I live in Jersey, but I remember going up to Niagara one time. My boyfriend and I went into a bar, and I forgot about the rules! We were sitting there having a beer at the bar, and I automatically put my pack on the bar. Completely forgetting I was in NY, I lit up at the bar. Well, if looks could kill... I never put a cigarette out so fast in my entire life. Thankfully, the bartender could tell I was from Jersey. She said it happens all the time.
0 Kudos