cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ryan6

Hey Guys

So I was on the patch for 2 weeks then i stopped and didnt want to smoke anymore I was doing really well Until me and my boyfriend started fighting. Now i'm smoking again not as much thank god but still I dont want this life anymore So today i febrezed my car and threw out the cigs. And I am having some serious cravings and i know that when he gets home and he goes to smoke so will I. Help!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
sandi8

Ryan you just have to stay positve about quitting No smoking it is not an option Stay strong and walk away if he is smoking Good luck to ya
0 Kudos
ruthie-henry

I am in the same situation. My husband has quit as far as i know. gonna go on the patch tomorrow.. Haven't seen my grandkids cause of my smoking ( they say)
gotta keep trying
0 Kudos
ryan6

its hard Guys lol Just found out the assistant i hired yesterday has bad credit so im back on the hunt! Oh and My bosses Just found out im gay thanks to my vpo who opened her mouth!!!!!!!! To say the least im frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the advise
0 Kudos
ruthie-henry

So your gay. My best friends are gay and they don't hold it against me cause I'm straight. As far as your assistant having bad credit. I have missed out on a lot of jobs cause I had a heart attack and that threw us into bad credit. Find out why the guy is in dire straights. There might be a good and credible reason. I would kill for a decent job. But am back (somewhat on cigs) They gave me a new medication and I feel stoned all the time, but its only been one day. Guess I have no patients (spelling) keep trying. Love you
0 Kudos
Chad6

Hey Ryan hope all is going well, hang in there and try to find as many reasons to not pick them up as you do to pick them up. You cant count on him to help you quit, you cant count on anyone but you! We are all here to help you in any way we can and all you have to do is open the lines..... Smile and chin up! YOU CAN DO THIS and YOU ARE NOT ALONE
0 Kudos
sue13

Hey Ryan...Just wanted to share this tidbit. When I would quit smoking and I have several times for a day or week or two,sometimes I would pick a fight with my husband so I could validate my smoking a cigarette. You know in your mind you would tell yourself either I smoke or I punch him. Well easier said than done but try to walk away instead of taking the stand and fighting. Give yourself time to calm down. Above all do not smoke.
0 Kudos