cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Help

I’m on day eight and my anxiety is high and I’m craving very hard. I was tempted to go across the street and ask my neighbor for a cigarette but I don’t want to give in to cravings and I need this anxiety to stop. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Senorstrike

I just keep telling myself - ONE CIGARETTE IS TOO MANY AND A THOUSAND IS NEVER ENOUGH--

WE can do this-Juliejules2456   I was told  when I get the cravings to stop and take 3 deep breaths and repeat this phrase, " I am a nonsmoker, now and forever more. I deserve to be a nonsmoker".

Senorstrike

YoungAtHeart

Senorstrike 

Welcome to our community!

When you are ready, please write a blog to introduce yourself.  Go to "Home" upper left under the banner, then "Post to My Blog."  Maybe tell us your smoking history, your quit date if you have set one, why you want to quit, if you plan to use an NRT, and anything else you care to share.

Look forward to you joining us!

Nancy

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS!  You are about to reach double digits!   I used NOPE Not One Puff Ever to quit, I said it over and over and over again.  I did a LOT of slow, deep breathing, I used a stationary bike, I came here every morning and every evening and oftentimes in between.  I had no cigarettes, ashtrays, or lighters in the house and none of my neighbors smoke.  My son DID smoke but never inside and he never left his cigarettes around.  I read blogs, I commented, I wrote blogs,, I asked for help and I paid very close attention to whatever advice I was offered.  I kept repeating to myself what I had been told, "IT WILL GET EASIER."  I believed these people, I knew they would not lie to me.  Everyone here wants you to be successful. Stay close to the site and do what you just did, come here and blog.  We'll help you to get through it.

Ellen

LeftysLady

Juliejules2456 's Blog‌ How are you doing today? I'm grateful that you are here with us on this journey.

Pam

62 Days of Freedom

0 Kudos