cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lillyn55

Help

It’s been 9 long days and I really want to smoke a cigarette! I don’t know if I’m posting this on the right spots I don’t know how to use this site, apparently I’m not that smart and my stupid smart phone is no help! I’m  at work at a convenience store and all I really want to do is go outside and smoke a cigarette! 

16 Replies
Giulia

You might want to do some reading in Relapse Prevention‌  Good material for staying out of the relapse traps.  Hold on tight and stay on that roller coaster track.  It will get easier as you become more accustomed to the ride.  

Nice 9!

Lisaml

Just keep reading and “stalling” those cravings. 

Put it off a day. Then another. There’s always an awesome milestone to look forward to! Double digits tomorrow! 

But if you give in, the only thing to look forward to is starting all over again.... having reinforced and strengthened your addiction. 

Its a no brainer! Stick to your quit!!!;-) 

freeneasy

You've made it through the toughest days of your quit. Read about nicotine addiction. and learn more about quitting. Yes quitting is something that you learn.   How to Quit Smoking for Good 

Everyone here who has quit understands how you are feeling but we know quitting is doable and are glad we did and you can too.

You'll get through this and see that it's worth it.  

tammiez

Hey there fellow exer!  Hang in there!  Distract yourself. You got this. I can do it so you can too!  I wanna support you on your journey. It's a beautiful world.  

Florflor

Good morning, dear Lillyn55 !! Unless You get really tired and sick of that nasty, stuburn and healthless habit, you won't stop it.  It sounded famliar to me that felling of yours for I once felt the same. And guess what. It gained my battle against cigss. I suggest you to keep in contact with the fríends here as much as you can. Try to do it the first weeks or months. It'll help you a lot. Have a nice thurday.

jsichi

Hello!!! Listen to all of these people!! They helped me! I'm 3 months smoke free and it's the greatest. It will get better and easier. Take it one moment and one craving at a time. You can get through this. Think of the money you'll save..think of the time you'll save!!

If I can quit after 25 years, you can too!! You got this!!

AV5100

Take it from me... 9 days is the tough part... I had 66 days last October... I gave into the urge...That was going on a year ago.. and I went from that one smoke to a pack a day very fast.. now.. I'm back here to give this a go again..

0 Kudos