cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Angelm07

Help

Totally craving a smoke..I'm at work..took a short walk but it's freezing out..cant cchew gum I have TMJ

21 Replies
elvan

You've GOT this...your addiction is panicking and trying to get you back.  Think of it as a toddler in need of a time out.  

Ellen

MarilynH

You've got this quit firmly in your grasp believe it deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way, keep moving forward stacking up your precious Days of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON.....

Angelm07

Thank you..it's been a rough day

elvan

Hope everything that is rough about it has passed.  We are all pulling for you and we KNOW you can do this.

Ellen

maryfreecig

By now that crave has passed. It's one crave at a time--because nicotine is addictive and craves are normal in a quit. Just keep staying aware that a crave does not mean you have to smoke. Let it pass. They become weaker and fewer. Yes you can!

Barb102

Next time it hits.  Water and breathing. You can do this

Deena-A-Yenni

I think you've earned a nice warm sudsy bath don't you??  Nice and clean with maybe a candle??  No cigarette stench??

Angelm07

I'm certainly not gonna miss that cigarette smell on my clothes

SimplySheri

Get a small bottle of bubbles and blow away   I kept them in my car as well and blew them when I sat in traffic.  My coworkers loved them, too!!  I also got a hula hoop.  Everyone used it! Get creative and have some fun. 

anaussiemom

Hi Angelm07   They do make Lozenges ( Nicotine ).  You can buy them over the counter.  I have not tried them, but if all else fails.....