cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hope-25

Help

I been smoke free for 3 days. I don’t think I can hold it  anymore. I need a cigarette now. Please help. 

Tags (1)
22 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I hope you will do some of the reading I recommended earlier, and write down some things you can do to distract yourself when a craving hits from the list I gave you.  This isn't about willpower - it's about effort and commitment.  You need to work at this in the early days.  Think of it as a an extra job - but the reward of freedom from addiction is more precious than any pay you have ever earned.

Get busy!  Keep your mind away from thinking about smoking.  Deep breaths, count the red/blue/white things in a room, march in place.  count backwards from 1,000, think of names of girl and  boys fr each letter of the alphabet,  do a crossword.   Keep your thinking away from smoking!

Day Four?  Add MORE!

Hope-25

Thank you all for your support. I don’t have any support group but you guys. I am still winning and smoke free.  

Yours 

Hope-25

SimplySheri

Yay!!!  Good for you   You truly can do this!!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

YAY for you and YAY for each and every Day with many more to come......

elvan

You are doing GREAT...just keep going, one day at a time and when that is too long, make it one MOMENT or one FEELING at a time. Go Hope Go!  

Ellen

0 Kudos
Hope-25

YaaY I am free from nicotine for three full days. Thank you for all your support. I could not do it without you. 

Karine

Congratulations ! You did it  

0 Kudos
Giulia

heavy metal hand gesture smiley

0 Kudos
elvan

GOOD FOR YOU!  You CAN do this!  Congratulations.

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS!!! WAY TO GO!!! YOUR A NON SMOKER!!! Yahoooooooooo

0 Kudos